Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • show me your tool boxes!
  • scandalous
    Free Member

after playing in the mancave this afternoon I now know I need to be more organised!

so… in the spirit of sharing…..and inspiration…..show me your well organised kit!

trail_rat
    Free Member

My garage may not be the tidiest but i do believe in keeping my toolbox and tools in order as it greately decreases the time spent looking for tools doesnt it rustymac 😉 a little time spent at the end of a job sticking everything back in its propper place saves time in the long run – my first boss taught me that.

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HHHwbMWQgYY/UshfFLmKLZI/AAAAAAAAH7s/sGG_Mk3SLH0/s400/%255BUNSET%255D.jpg[/img]
    [img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-X02NMnlgFtE/UshfXmGR-3I/AAAAAAAAH8E/Inlnj3LqSvQ/s400/%255BUNSET%255D.jpg[/img][img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-s2RKo98HWYk/UshfgSnlh0I/AAAAAAAAH8U/-i0r4rxlUE0/s400/%255BUNSET%255D.jpg[/img][img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-tUDMq2oCGAs/UshfpAztrNI/AAAAAAAAH8k/d2gHL5O5OJM/s400/%255BUNSET%255D.jpg[/img]

dantsw13

First job this year is reorganising my workshop to fit in yet another bike!!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

No more ? Was some awesome stacks last time we did this !

bruneep

*unfriends ratty for his organised tool kits*

wiggles
    Free Member

Mine is pathetic and all fits into this.

grahamt1980

No photo, but I use an old metal ammo case.
    Less organised than the one further up but it holds everything easily enough

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

My current set up

Although when I put it to the forum It didn’t go that well 🙁

Cheers.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Whats your bottom unit ? That 56s or 72s ?

Looking at a 72 homak or american pro like that to build into my workbench

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

No Idea, the bottom unit came from Costco, about £400 IIRC, do you want measurements?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Its a homak then – thats the same as im looking at – how is it ? Quality as good as your red case ? Im sure its nothing like the blue one 🙂

ruffride
    Free Member

Costco are doin a nice bottom one at min think it was 275 bit wider than that one

Northwind

I have a nice chest and board but it’s still total chaos so not showing you my shame!

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Can’t bet a good snap on tool box, but then I might be a little biased

even the old red one that I got 2nd hand is still going strong, draws still slide nice.

have a (non snap on) small 5 top box in the corner.
    And one of these on top of the black box 😈

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

trail_rat, badged as CSPS, quality is good enough for home use, so are the runners but flex is evident & they are certainly not up to Snap-on standard, but the locks on the drawers are shite, I might just smash them off 😕
    One of the guys at work regularly pulls out the bottom draw of his Snap-On KRL box & uses it as a seat (make of that as you will), but he must be 15st & the draw is already laden 😯

orangeboy
    Free Member

Just can’t spend lots on a box no matter how nice or wide
    The tools inside on the other hand.
    Think the whole stack of used boxes I have cost me less than just one of the spanner sets

walla24
    Free Member

not enough ‘persuaders’ chaps!

ruffride
    Free Member

I’ve been sorting my garage as santa gave me new shelving, spent 9 hours on it an its still not finished an have 2 full tool boxes to sort one I use for bike stuff one for car tools its mad how much you buy or keep cant wait till its finished

stew1982
    Free Member

I also have something my Man shed as my first job for this year! At this point I can open the door and that’s a bout as far as I can get in, with all the crap I’ve had to “store” in it!

matther01
    Free Member

I can only dream and drool over some of the pics in this thread. Probably would help if i also knew how to use half of the tools too! 😉

smartay

MTB ROB

With all that security straps across all of the openings how do you open the door, looks like there fastened to the door frame

no wonder it looks tidy if you cant get in 😆

karlwoof
    Free Member

Got full on tool envy in this thread! I need to sort mine out this year.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ruffride – 375 for the big 72 homak in my local – you got my hopes up 🙁 had a good route about it also, didnt like the fact it only has 4 wheels – a unit of that size should have 6 – that said i was going to mount it on a wooden plinth a little higher than it stands and fix it well to the floor/wall

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘show me your tool boxes!’ is closed to new replies.