Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 182 total)
  • Should Britain go to war with Iran?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

weester – Member

Chewkw, you are a psychopath. Possibly even a zionist. Mankind is not a cancer on the earth, but zionists are!

Simple perhaps but definitely not Zionist nor their opposite counterpart … :mrgreen: Psychopath … hmmm … If I am one then the majority would be the same as well. Might include you.

TandemJeremy – Member

Is this the weirdest thread ever on STW?

Define weirdest … 😯

Kevevs
    Free Member

maggots!

chewkw
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

maggots!

😆

konabunny
    Free Member

It’s a long way to Bandar Azani, it’s a long way to go…

druidh
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    > druidh – Member
    > chewkw – If you don’t mind me asking, what is your
    > nationality and original language? Thanks.

Is that important?Not particularly, just interested as you seem to struggle with not only vocabulary, but sentence structure. Juan used to be pilloried for this on account of him being French and many folk not knowing that.

weester
    Free Member

‘In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.’

Eisenhower’s Farewell Address to the Nation

Hmmm!

trailmonkey

the planet would be better off if the UK and US were nuked from the face of the planet, is the real truth. Cos it’s us that start all the bloody wars these days..

😆 ace

classic middle class angst

chewkw
    Free Member

druidh – Member

Not particularly, just interested as you seem to struggle with not only vocabulary, but sentence structure. Juan used to be pilloried for this on account of him being French and many folk not knowing that.

I am not French nor am I a native speaker put it this way. Yes, sentence construction is not my strength and my vocabulary can be rather limited too but there you go … end of the world 😆

I don’t mind if someone wants to make fun etc of my language usage or sentence construction. Never bothered me a bit put it this way as I am still learning or shall I say … long gone the days of trying to impress or to look cool. Remember I wear Clarks shoes and many hip people disagree with that …

So out of interest why is it important for you to know?

I can understand Juan perfectly well including his reasoning and both of us are not even native speakers, so if I can understand him surely everyone can?

weester
    Free Member

So where are you from?

Northwind

chewkw – Member

Define weirdest …

Most weird.

HTH.

druidh
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    So out of interest why is it important for you to know?

Did I say it was important?

chewkw
    Free Member

druidh – Member

Did I say it was important?

Ok, rephrase … why do you want to know?

Isn’t diversity of opinions good for a forum?

Oh ya … I passed GCE ‘O’ Level English with a C grade simply by watching Sesame Street. In those days I had to get an interpreter (my uncle who got rather fed up with me asking him all the time … LOL!)

weester – Member

So where are you from?

Land below the wind.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I get Chewk fine, just got a thing about bloody maggots. MAGGOTS! “going to war with” you mean “invading and killing”. It’s not something new is it. OMG we’re going to kill loads of people in a foreign oil rich land.. ho hum.. yeah great – everyones a winner baby. apart from the dead people.

chewkw
    Free Member

Kevevs – Member

I get Chewk fine, just got a thing about bloody maggots. MAGGOTS! “going to war with” you mean “invading and killing”. It’s not something new is it. OMG we’re going to kill loads of people in a foreign oil rich land.. ho hum.. yeah great – everyones a winner baby. apart from the dead people.

LOL! Yes, maggots we are. The cycle never ends.

The use of maggots as illustrating a point I guess simplify things and avoid the hassle of misinterpretation. No big words there.

Dead people are dead so winning or losing does not concern them in fact death could do them plenty good by getting out of this cycle temporarily, if they had live a honourable lives. But just don’t go shooting your brain out because of this …

konabunny
    Free Member

So where are you from?

Why do you care so much? S/he’s not going to be any more right or wrong depending on where s/he happened to be born.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

S/he’s not going to be any more right or wrong depending on where s/he happened to be born.

Which begs the question why he is so reticent to divulge where he was born. I’m not ashamed of my birthplace or ethnicity.

And I care where he was born as he makes great issue that people from third world countries are maggots which have poked a hornets nest, and it is therefore their responsibility if they get the crap bombed out of them. Which he feels confident to say as although he himself comes from a Far East third world country, he now lives in “the hornets nest”

BTW I use the term “I care” very loosely……..I can’t imagine actually caring what chewkw says about anything, apart from the obvious entertainment value of his posts of course.

Here is chewkw’s foreign policy statement :

My view is simple. The winner(s) set the rules and the losers follow and if they refuse they get punish. Simple. If nuking to get the job done so be it (we may win or we may lose). People suffer people die so if one does not want to suffer or die then one should control/better oneself and stop trying to change the world or others, which apply to all including those rogue states … yes, rogue.

loum
    Free Member

Should Britain[/u] go to war with Iran[/u]?

I believe the nature of the original question, and the inclusion of two specific countries, makes the nationality and location of anyone posting a fair topic for discussion in this case.

For example, would an Iranian agree with an American on this topic?

donsimon
    Free Member

For example, would an Iranian agree with an American on this topic?

Why not? Is it beyond the realms of possibility that Americans can think the same as Iranians either for or against a war?

loum
    Free Member

don simon,
    My point remains :
    The relevance of location and nationality is explicit in the OP’s question, by asking about Britain going to war with Iran.

I apologise if my choice of example causes issues for you and offer to retract it. I wouldn’t want to get into an argument about Why / Why not a theoretical Iranian Would / Would not think the same as a theoretical American on the subject of Britain going to war with Iran. I accept it is not beyond the realms of possibillity that they can think the same. However, there is also the possibility that they don’t and this could be influenced by their position within this hypothetical situation. In fact, I fully accept that the impossiblity is for us to know how others are thinking without asking them and listening to their response.TBH I did not claim to know whether the two would agree or not, merely raised the question (which you answered with two questions).

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

Which begs the question why he is so reticent to divulge where he was born. I’m not ashamed of my birthplace or ethnicity.

I have disclosed where I come from but if you cannot be arsed to see the “fire wood in the forest” there is nothing I can do. The answer is already right in front of you. Go check it. Do you need to be spoon fed like all the teens nowadays?

And I care where he was born as he makes great issue that people from third world countries are maggots which have poked a hornets nest, and it is therefore their responsibility if they get the crap bombed out of them. Which he feels confident to say as although he himself comes from a Far East third world country, he now lives in “the hornets nest”

Re-read the reference to maggots. Yes, including you and not just people from other countries. Like I say I treat everyone equally … as maggot. So please don’t think you/we are mighty great as a hornet.

As for living in the hornets nest well that’s just part of life like everyone here. We moved around in search of greener pasture – legally in accordance to the law and the rules of the land. I did not jump off the truck at Dover put it this way.

BTW I use the term “I care” very loosely……..I can’t imagine actually caring what chewkw says about anything, apart from the obvious entertainment value of his posts of course.

No problem. Forum is for diverse opinions. Some good, some bad and some weird but that’s the fun of it. What’s the point of having a forum where everyone agrees? You might as well talk to yourself.

🙄

jackthedog
    Free Member

I apologise if my choice of example causes issues for you and offer to retract it. I wouldn’t want to get into an argument about Why / Why not a theoretical Iranian Would / Would not think the same as a theoretical American on the subject of Britain going to war with Iran. I accept it is not beyond the realms of possibillity that they can think the same. However, there is also the possibility that they don’t and this could be influenced by their position within this hypothetical situation. In fact, I fully accept that the impossiblity is for us to know how others are thinking without asking them and listening to their response.TBH I did not claim to know whether the two would agree or not, merely raised the question (which you answered with two questions).

Best post ever.

weester
    Free Member

Malaysia, where there is tension between Muslim and Christian communities. No points for guessing which camp your in Chewkw. Violence begets violence you know.

druidh
    Free Member

chewkw – my apologies. I appear to have set the dogs on you by my innocent question. IMHO, if you contribute to the forum, you have a right to have your opinion heard and where you’re from is irrelevant.

trailmonkey

even if you’re cornish ?

druidh
    Free Member

Meh – I have standards!

chewkw
    Free Member

weester – Member

Malaysia, where there is tension between Muslim and Christian communities. No points for guessing which camp your in Chewkw. Violence begets violence you know.

😆 I am none of the above Abrahamic faith so your guess is wrong.

Yes, violence begets violence but the concept of “if someone slap you in the right cheek let them slap you in the left cheek as well” is really stupid. Who taught you that?

The answer is if someone slap you in the right cheek you learn and avoid being slapped again, or better still slap the hell out of the other person to teach him/her a lesson.

weester, where are you from? Scotland by any chance? But do tell. 🙄

p/s: druidh, no apology needed. No offence taken from everyone as well. It’s a forum after all and that’s how it works. 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

hahaha!

Like we have any say in it, going straight to hell and those who are in charge, only care about steering.

Do not lose faith, those who have shown us paradise are only getting started 😈

Judging by how quickly events are escalating or more accurately how quickly the situation is deteriorating on this world, this should get very interesting, SOON! 😯

wrecker
    Free Member

Chewkw, you are a psychopath. Possibly even a zionist

I find it funny that you regard the word Zionist as an insult! 😆

weester
    Free Member

Wrecker, are you familiar with what Zionisism has done to the world?

Chewkw, I’m from Britain. 🙄 Look, I wasn’t trying to make an issue of your faith, I was just trying to get a handle on why you feel like you’ve been so wronged to want to justify a war that will lead to the deaths of millions?

BTW, your english seems alright to me. Its not how but what you said that has erm, intrigued me.

wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker, are you familiar with what Zionisism has done to the world

People in “being assholes” shocker.
    Being dicks is not exclusive to the zionists. Christians, Muslims, communists, capitalists etc etc have all done their fair share of damage and I wouldn’t use any of these terms as an insult. It would be easier to name the groups who haven’t adversely affected the world (although none spring to mind).

chewkw
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

I find it funny that you regard the word Zionist as an insult!

LOL! None of the descriptions insulted me in anyway or form but I am not sure if it was the other round. 😀

Chewkw, I’m from Britain.

Aha … you’ve avoided the question. So exactly where? Scotland, N.Ireland, Wales? North, East, South or West?

I have no issue about others questioning my belief but that’s another story.

As for the nuking the maggots … it’s going to happen so why pussy footing about eh?

What’s with all these shite about Zionists trying to rule the world? That is impossible as the nature of things mean there will always be a counter balance to balance things up. 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I have disclosed where I come from but if you cannot be arsed to see the “fire wood in the forest” there is nothing I can do. The answer is already right in front of you. Go check it. Do you need to be spoon fed like all the teens nowadays?

What you talking about, stop talking in riddles……are you suggesting that I should trawl through reading every post in the whole forum ? I’m such a teenager, eh ? 😀

If you don’t have a problem saying where you come from then just spit it out – no need to go all round the back-doubles. Besides, I thought I had made it clear that I knew.

I find it funny that you regard the word Zionist as an insult!

Well if I accused someone of being a Zionist I wouldn’t expect them to take it as a compliment.

A territorial claim based on what God told Moses three thousand years ago is quite frankly idiotic.

And all the more so as most Israelis do not consider themselves to be “religious”. Plus many ultra-orthodox Jews refuse to recognise the Israeli State on the grounds that God banished the Jewish people into exile.

The belief that Jews are entitled to Palestinian land as reparation for what Europeans, in particular Germans, did to them, is also equally absurd.

An American Jew has no automatic right to a “homeland” other than the United States. Similarly, Russian Jews, Australian Jews, whatever, have no automatic right to live anywhere other than own country.

Zionism is based on bigotry – it goes to the very heart of Zionism, and it is as much of a stain on humanity as the Apartheid was. If I call someone a Zionist or racist I fully expect them to feel insulted, despite the fact that they might feel perfectly happy to consider themselves to be Zionist or racist.

konabunny
    Free Member

jackthedog – what exactly is your point? Or are you some sort of bot that produces texts from individual English words that are almost, but not quite, intelligible?

rossi46
    Free Member

😯 What the bejesus has happened to this thread???

chunkypaul
    Free Member

and iran continues the political game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16344102
    and
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/12/22/uk-iran-navy-wargame-idUKTRE7BL0HZ20111222

whilst they could be forging good favour by using their navy to counter the pirate problem in the arabian sea?

grantway
    Free Member

Nope

wrecker
    Free Member

They block that strait of Hormuz and all bets are off. Our “special cousins” will go batshit and they won’t do it quietly.

konabunny
    Free Member

they could be forging good favour by using their navy to counter the pirate problem in the arabian sea?

So you think it would be a bad thing for the Iranian Navy to run training exercises but a good thing for them to be boarding vessels in international waters? Got it…

chunkypaul
    Free Member

so policing international waters from criminal gangs is a bad thing?

fair enough jim laddddd!

konabunny
    Free Member

so policing international waters from criminal gangs is a bad thing?

Well, you’re the one saying that the “police” can’t be trusted to train themselves in that scenario!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘Should Britain go to war with Iran?’ is closed to new replies.