Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano MP90 shoes vs Five Tens
  • colb
    Free Member

Anyone had both shoes, which are the best.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Not had them both but Shimano has Vibram sole, not the Stealth C4 sticky rubber used on the 5.10s, which is what makes the 5.10s so good. Both have flat soles, which is also crucial for grip.

colb
    Free Member

Aye I noticed that, although reviews of the Shimano are favourable, just I’ve seen a pair for £40 less than the Five Tens which is tempting, I’ll go for them anyway at that price I can’t go wrong.

jam-bo

both look special.

five tens grip better.

colb
    Free Member

both look special.

😆

matthew_h
    Free Member

The Shimanos do grip pretty well and I prefer the looks of them to the Five Tens. Buy the Shimanos and use them for a while then if necessary get the resoled in Stealth Rubber at Feet First. Better looking shoes for the same overall price.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Matthew’s point is really good – feet first do a fine job. I used to use them to resole my climbing shoes.

colb
    Free Member

cheers fellas, one pair of Shimanos on the way and as you say if the grip is poor then I’ll get them resoled.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Merlin have selected sizes at £36.95.

I’ve got a pair of MP90 and MP56 shoes. The MP56 are a few years old, but I find them slightly comfier as they are well worn. However, sole is thining and if I put my foot down I often get a rogue stick jabbing my foot!

MP90s are stiffer, better ankle protection and grippier (for walking too)

Two things ut me off 5.10 shoes- the price, and also they take a year to dry out when you get them soaked.

matthew_h
    Free Member

The grip is far from poor with the Shimanos but just not as out right sticky as the 5:10s. I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano MP90 shoes vs Five Tens’ is closed to new replies.