Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Shimano I-spec shifters – more space for a reverb button ?
  • scruff
    Free Member

Possibly going 10spd soon as most of my drivetrain is worn, do the I-spec shifters give you more useable space to add a reverb? They dont play nice with standard shifters (RH on LH used underneath)

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

I think your ‘verb’ will still interfere with the shifters, if it’s mounted wrong-ways-up. But the button comes with an i-spec mount, can you not mount the button to the brake mount instead?

DrP

Reverb = SRAM
    i-spec = shimano

They won’t play nice together….

DrP

(i.e the rev lever won’t mount to XT i-spec brakes, but if the shifters were i-spec, you can move the rev lever closer….)

Clong
    Free Member

They can do, i mounted mine using the Hope adaptor for my brakes (Hope obviously). It allowed me to mount the reverb lever upside down, but there’s not a lot of adjustment once the lever is position against the brake lever.

Duane…
    Free Member

Go 1×10, then you’ll have loads of room! 😀 (and yes, i-spec on the RH side 😛 )

andyl
    Free Member

I hate the reverb remote, why do RS make their remotes so bulky? I bought a LH one to fit to the right under the bars and then found out how much of a pain it is with shimano shifters and brakes. Kind of wish I had just bought a RH one now and put it above the bars but under the bars is a much nicer position for your thumb.

I have now made my own version of i-spec for older 9 speed shimano shifters and XT 775 brakes.

DrP

I have now made my own version of i-spec for older 9 speed shimano shifters and XT 775 brakes.

SHARE, SHARE!!!

I was thinking of doing this…

DrP

j40aja
    Free Member

I had my right hand Reverb lever upside down on the left with XT i-spec shifter/brake lever.
    It is tight space wise and I needed to fiddle with the positioning a bit but got there in the end. Only negative was that to alter the return speed adjuster I had to loosen the clamp to free things off a little.

Here’s a pic of the way I had it set up!

andyl
    Free Member

Dr P – will send you some images of mkII when i get it made. mkI is okay but a bit rough and a few kinks to work out.

j40aja – what is that black part filling the gap in your reverb remote clamp? I just have a gap there on mine, am I missing something?

j40aja
    Free Member

I think it’s to do with the MMX part of the clamp if you bought a Reverb with that option. If you attach to SRAM brakes/shifters then that black piece comes out like matchmaker/i-spec systems.

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve got the mmx part which sits in the opening on the clamp band. But nothing like that. Off to the sram website to look at the parts diagram…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shimano I-spec shifters – more space for a reverb button ?’ is closed to new replies.