Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Serious bike envy…
  • gee
    Free Member

Superfly 100 carbon elite… Very, very nice. Friend had a new one on a ride today. I’m also envious of those Stumpjumper carbon hardtail 29ers…

What else gives you bike envy?

GB

tang
    Free Member

My friends niner air9 carbon with enve finishing kit. My other friends cervelo s5 (he’s a pro roadie so it’s loaded) ohh and his r5.

ti456neal
    Free Member

Any Ibis mojo! Droooooooooool 8)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mattjg
    Free Member

That someone I ride with actually has? A Niner MCR9 in grey and a b&w A9C. Those are the only ones. Same owner too, the bugger and he got a silly good deal on the A9C! There are a couple of carbon Tallboys but they don’t do anything for me.

scaredypants

My mate has a battered old rock lobster. Christ, it’s fast ! Beats me every time

theflatboy
    Free Member

my brother in law’s featherweight bianchi – his mates buy the latest absolute top of the range stuff then eventually get bored of it and he ends up with it. ridiculously nice. so light and so pretty!

gee
    Free Member

Yeah those Air9 Carbons are pretty. Someone at Peaslake had a ti Moots road bike with full ti finishing kit/Dura Ace Di2/Enve etc. That was lovely.

Mojos and Tallboys don’t do it for me, but then again no full susser did until I saw the Superfly today!

mattjg
    Free Member

oddly I prefer the look of the MCR9, but only in grey. Also I did a proper ride on one which helps, only done an around-the-car-park on A9C.

So you have a Selma too.

If people knew how good they were, this thread would be closed.

gee
    Free Member

Yes I have a Selma with blue King/Hope/Salsa bits on it and one of those Exotic rigid forks. Great bike and silly light!

Haze

rossi46
    Free Member

1994 Kona Hei Hei. Sometimes one appears on eBay or Retrobike in the correct size (17″) for me.
    Was out of my price range then- still out of my price range now 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And…

gee
    Free Member

+1 for Hei Hei King Kahuna – I’d love one of the later ones with the disc mount.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Dr Jon’s vertigo

tang
    Free Member

I have a mcr and its nice to look at in a skinny steel way(rides a treat) but the air 9c is still the sexiest 29r carbon ht, and it rides very nice. I think I might have to get one, with matching fork. I could have got the one my friend has but didn’t have funds at the time. Vertigo are beautiful.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Some dude rode out from San Francisco to Point Reyes Station to pick up his new Steve Potts from Black Mountain Cycles. How did he get it home?

I’m not sure if I’m more envious of the attitude or the frame.

rossi46
    Free Member

1994 Kona Hei Hei

Hei Hei King Kahuna

Not the same.

One of these:

Except i’d modernise it a bit to make it my own 😉

EDIT: I see what you mean, i was thinking of the Full Sus King Kahuna 😳

somafunk

Just for ti456neal, Here’s a few nice ibis mojo’s we’ve recently built for folk,

Ibis Mojo SL 140mm with full XTR and Mavic SLR, reverb dropper post

Ibis Mojo HD with XT

Ibis Mojo HD 160mm with Sram X0

Ibis Mojo SL with XT

We’ve done another few custom Mojo builds recently but i don’t have the pics here, building a sub 22lbs Mojo SLR superlight next week, along with a possible custom hakkalugi as the guy was so impressed wi his custom Mojo HD (nae pic shown) that he wants a fleet of Ibis or Ibi’ – what’s a collective of Ibis bikes called?, And we’ve got another Mojo HD 140mm to spec up with whatever we deem suitable for another customer.

The Transition covert is a very nice bike,

As is Gareth Montgomerie’s Team GT Zasker 29er, I predict this/Gareth will win the Red Bull Hill Chasers race in Edinburgh t’morns night.

One for the roadies, this belongs to a young lad we sponsor on the scottish squad

Personally i don’t care for full sus nor have i rode an Ibis mojo yet, I prefer my hardtails

Old pic of my soulcraft wi sus forks,

And rigid, (preferred)

Current ride,

Thinking next bike will be a custom TI or stainless road bike, not decided on the builder yet as i’ll have to save up for it which will take a couple of years.

tazzymtb

an Engin 29er

or for seriously fast duties

gee
    Free Member

That Engin is incredible. WANT. The thing undeneath is hideous, sorry Tazzy.

tazzymtb

The thing undeneath is hideous, sorry Tazzy.

I know, it’s truly gopping, but by gods is it fast and capable..it the bike equivalent of a gumpert.

ugly as hell but super quick and light 😀

rossi46
    Free Member

an Engin 29er

Oooooh- that could convert me to the ‘darkside’ of 29ers 😀

Those Ibis’s are lovely too

somafunk

No matter how many times i see that Engin or however many times i look through their website there is something about that bike that just gets my balls twitchin, my next bike (roadbike) will either be built by Engin, Eriksen or Shand.

Once i have saved up enough £ to build and spec it exactly how i want which will take a couple of years that is 🙁 …unless i win the lottery beforehand – which is very doubtful as i’ve never bought a ticket yet.

The Ibis are alright (in fact they are apparently fantastic bikes) but i have absolutely no desire to own one nor ride one – carbon is just so not my “thing/doesn’t float my boat in the slightest” no matter how good it is or what i’m missing out on, i couldn’t care less if it is the fastest point to point bike round the local trails according to everyone who rides them or whatever – i’m a doddler……..stop every now and then…..admire the view….sit on a rock for awhile……sip some whisky….stare at the sky…….ponder my existence…….admire my skinny tubes on the bike…etc…etc.

Euro
    Free Member

Hadn’t seen either of those before and you have great taste in bikes sir.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Had a Kona King Kahunna for many years. Rode it everywhere. XTR, Crossmax wheels Sid SL’s etc. Was a great bike. Had a disc mount welded on at Enigma. Went Hope XC’s and Hope wheels. Personally I thought after 7 years of riding it, that technology had moved on and it was time to break it and sell. Cant say I actually miss it at all. I would rather get a steel explosiv frame and build it retro, if I was to do it.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I don’t normal get bike envy as I’m not a huge fan of lost of the modern stuff.
    But that engin is stunning

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The missus has the new Blur LTc in super fast red.
    I’d also like a V10, maybe the Nukeproof pulse Sam Hill was riding…

jameso

There’s only one that does it for me .. ideally it’s old, perfect condition and the right spec – all silver parts and black saddle/tape. Put any carbon on it and I’m out.. Saroni red or black, not too fussy, it’s just a classic, beautiful bike. Something custom always grabs my attention too, just for the commitment from rider and the detail from the builder.
    Mojos and the like don’t interest me, 3 friends have them, great tools for a job but I don’t get normal-MTB lust.

jameso

MTB lust – partly the bike because I love the classic style and partly living is somewhere like Colorado where v-brakes are workable spec .. riding a McClung among the aspens would be pretty good. Any bike would do if I lived there, location envy not bike envy.

heckler73
    Free Member

that engin just looks amazing, so simple, but so classy at the same time, hmm if i hadnt just bought a new van and paid for my hol in oct id be tracking one down today

tazzymtb

that engin just looks amazing, so simple, but so classy at the same time, hmm if i hadnt just bought a new van and paid for my hol in oct id be tracking one down today

It’s one of the only bikes I’d consider selling my jones or black sheep for. 😯

Not this bike in particular, just Ordinaries in general.

They’re the only bikes I look at and think, “I want one of those”, yet I still haven’t got around to buying because I can’t justify the cost against the amount of use I would get out of it.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

+1 for the mojo, ant the yeti sb66 is on my list too. Would consider selling my left nut for either of those bikes.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m really feeling this contraption at the moment..

I_Ache
    Free Member

No pics but the first two are users on hear and they have posted pics.

3 mates have bikes that are lovely and I want them so much. A rocket that belongs to passtherizla and an sb66 that belongs to ae212060, and too a lesser extent a 575 that another mate owns.

fathomer

Don’t envy any of the people I ride with’s bike but I really want a TRc:

I’m probably going to settle for a TRa and I’m pretending the wheel size debate isn’t happening.

Oh and that Engin is stunning.

richc
    Free Member

Not a bike, but saw one of these yesterday parked outside the local traveller pub a few miles from my house.

Very nice car …. I guess tarmacking drives pays well atm

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Serious bike envy…’ is closed to new replies.