Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • scenes in films that make you cry
  • Cletus

The scene in Casablanca where the Nazis are singing Die Wacht am Rhein in Rick’s Cafe and Victor Lazslo gets the band to play La Marseillaise -everyone in the cafe joins in and drown out the krauts.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt1vQ81jNWw[/video]

Raindog
    Free Member

The scene in Manhattan when Woody Allen tells Mariel Hemingway he’s breaking up with her always has me in bits. Those of you who liked Lost in Translation should watch Manhattan, btw.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

When Ricky gets shot in Boys In The Hood, and the end of Withnail and I. Maybe The Wrestler too.

The end of It’s A Wonderful Life

Various parts of Human Centipede also bought tears to my eyes…..

neilnevill
    Free Member

The older I get the softer I am. I feel quite embarassed now. bad of brothers veteran end piece is incredible. Not such a good film, but Titanic gets me too…sorry

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

…and various parts of Hero, stunningly shot film.

neilnevill
    Free Member

brassed off, several bits, when the miner dressed as a clown tries to hang himself, when his dad is in hospital, and the ‘acceptance/rejection’ speech at the competition

john_drummer
    Free Member

Silent Running when they discard the domes with nukes armed…

neilnevill
    Free Member

end of die hard 2 chokes me up too

philconsequence
    Free Member

ohh good call on brassed off 🙂

bigbloke
    Free Member

I’m a typical bloke, choking on the lump in my throat whilst pretending to be all manly…..yeah right

Films that have me choking up…….

1. Hunchback of Notre Dam (scene where HB is being dragged through the streets)

2. The heart rending basic no holds barred hand to hand fight scene in Saving Private Ryan where the german soldier puts a knife through the US soldiers chest whilst whispering/shooshing. I can’t watch the film anymore because of that scene…..daft i know.

3. The English Patient had me and mrs BB blubbing.

djc1245
    Free Member

Am i the only one to find the last bit in Schindler’s List really moving? Had me blubbing

shooterman

Awakenings when De Niro’s character relapses.

Also, there are to parts of The Bridges of Madison County which get me a bit choked – when Clint is standing in the rain willing her to get out of her husband’s pick up and when her husband is dying and tells her he knew she had her own dreams which went unfulfilled.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Not exactly “cry”, but when I went to see “Dead Man Walking”, the entire audience sat in their seats at the end of the movie and didn’t begin to stir until the credits had finished…

solarider
    Free Member

Some good ones on here so far.

The end of the Elephant Man (partly because it actually happened)
    Several times in Brassed Off (the music definitely adds to the emotion – who’d have thought that of brass band music?!)
    Beginning of Up (it’s a cartoon, so how do they make you feel so sad?!)

As a couple of others say, the older I get, the softer I get!

RustySpanner

End of the Railway Children.

End of Pan’s Labyrinth.

Most of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.
    In fact, Schindler’s List, Sophie’s Choice, Life is Beautiful, The Pianist, pretty much anything to do with the Holocaust upsets me.

PJM1974
    Free Member

+1 for Awakenings and Silent Running here.

emma82
    Free Member

Marley & me – the scene where they come back from the hospital after they’ve had their first scan and Marley puts his head in her lap and then the bit where Owen wilson rings her from the vets and basically says its the end of the road. God it just made me cry again!

I thinks that’s the only film I’ve ever cried at actually.

pealy
    Free Member

Crash – when the daughter runs out to protect her dad with the ‘magic cloak’ and the gun goes off. Kills me every time.

yoda
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAhrqKqK_cA[/video]

gulp!

rkk01
    Free Member

2. The heart rending basic no holds barred hand to hand fight scene in Saving Private Ryan where the german soldier puts a knife through the US soldiers chest whilst whispering/shooshing. I can’t watch the film anymore because of that scene.

Found that scene the most disturbing in the whole film. Saw it in the cinema when it first came out – and didn’t watch it again until early this year because of that chilling scene

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘scenes in films that make you cry’ is closed to new replies.