Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Scabs – are you addicted to picking at them!
  • ski
    Free Member

Its a addiction I have had from childhood, some 30 years on and I still cannot stop myself picking at any little scab I pick up from cycling

Got a classic road rash scab at the moment, must be two inches across on my arm, thick and hard just waiting for me to pick at!

Is it just me or does anyone else get a real buzz from being able to peel a decent sized scab off in one go!

Or are you more a, pick at them with your nail for a few days sort of person?

Is there a cure?

qwerty
    Free Member

Scabs – are you addicted to picketing at them

😉

Militant_biker

I’m definitely a scab-picker! It’s just something I have to do, it really annoys the wife.

gsp1984
    Free Member

I like to pick the odd scab off my shins and calf now and again.

ski
    Free Member

How about that, half way through pulling the thing off & knowing that you cannot stop, even though you know its going to hurt like hell to get the last part off!

Militant_biker

How about that, half way through pulling the thing off & knowing that you cannot stop, even though you know its going to hurt like hell to get the last part off!

Yep – keep going!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Rob loves to pick his!

Anyone else eat them or is Rob a bit weird?

ski
    Free Member

Think I might put one on my xmas list off my Mrs, just to mess with her head a bit, one scab, left leg, preferably with hairs still growing through it 😉

[That’s it I am out of here, have a good weekend everyone]

GaryLake
    Free Member

If I had a quid for everytime my wife shouted “stop picking!”…

It’s when you’re certain it’s ready, you get halfway and you get that quick ‘shit’ moment when it stings and you realise it’s not. No backing out after that though.

</excess-info>

Garry_Lager

I confess. Much pain can be endured if it means pulling a scab off.

Once crossed the line and picked a scab off my missus’ leg when she was watching tv. Never again.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

So it’s not just me then?
    (breathes sigh of relief)

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Should try having psoriasis for a living 🙁

20 years I’ve had the constant urge 24/7 to pick, scratch and scrape at them 😯

Militant_biker

Once crossed the line and picked a scab off my missus’ leg when she was watching tv. Never again.

😯 How long were in you hospital?

cheers_drive

I’m truly addicted to picking – if I haven’t got a scab I subconsciously pick the hairs out of my beard. Miss CD then slaps me and I wonder why 😐

jojoA1
    Free Member

Mmmmm, scab picking! Only beaten by a good dose of sunburn peelage. Nomnomnom!

colournoise

What a relief to have another STW ‘it’s not just me then’.

Used to bite my nails terribly. Weaned myself of that years ago but scab picking seems to have taken its habitual place.

slainte 😳 rob

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Scabs – are you addicted to picking at them!’ is closed to new replies.