Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sad times – stolen cargo bikes Edinburgh – now torched
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Just attended a call to bushes alight alongside cycle path from Easter Road to Seafield. Turns out it was two fairly new Cristiana cargo bikes that had been stolen then torched – for fun presumably?

If they’re yours the police attended also so you should get the call but that saddened me to see for some reason.

Dicks.

MussEd
    Free Member

Dicks isn’t my sign off – more a comment on the type of person who’d steal something just to then destroy it.

Del

🙁

mrblobby
    Free Member

Dicks indeed 🙁

benp1

What a shame, and what ****ts

Dickyboy

takes offence at being associated with such people 🙁

deejayen
    Free Member

What a shame. I always thought unusual bikes like the Christiania would be less likely to be stolen, but it just goes to show…

I’m still wondering what happened to my rare recumbent which was stolen when I was holidaying in Edinburgh a couple of years ago. I suppose it’s likely that was also destroyed, but there’s been no sign of it yet.

mrchrispy

sad but I do wonder how you actually set fire to a bike ?

kcr
    Free Member

The Cristianas have a large wooden box in front of the rider.

MussEd
    Free Member

Correct KCR and Schwalbe Big Apple tyres seem to catch quite well too…

wwaswas

I’ve just found this on facebook – belonged to a charity?

https://www.facebook.com/LeithCommunityCropsInPots

binners

Sweet Jesus! Someones stolen two cargo bikes from a charity and torched them?

I don’t normally go along with the Daily Fail – Broken Britain/we’re all going to hell in a handbasket narrative, but that really is is truly depressing 😥

wwaswas

from @talkporty on twitter

MussEd
    Free Member

Even sadder now. See loads of destroyed stuff in line of work but wilfully taking from charities then burning them is **** up. They could’ve just dumped them if they were avoiding the polis and at least the charity could’ve recovered their property…arseholes

dukeduvet

That is gutting. I know the folks at crops in pots and they are a great bunch of locals doing what they are passionate about. A while back they had a load of plants etc in a school playground vandalised. Sad this has happened now.  No doubt evie will be on the case for a new one soon. Sure leithers will rally round too

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Simply put, WHY?

SWIFTLY followed by a slap to the chops.

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

Dickyboy – Member

takes offence at being associated with such people

me too!

Thats such a shame!

paddy0091
    Free Member

That’s just awful, how very low. I always think with people who do this kind of thing that the only satisfaction we can have is that they’ll go absolutely nowhere in life. 😐

Hopefully the charity will get some help or that they bikes were insured.

dukeduvet

Found out this morning that thankfully the bikes are insured. However they do need safe secure storage.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sad times – stolen cargo bikes Edinburgh – now torched’ is closed to new replies.