Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • RS Revelation damping problems
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have a 2013 spec RCT3 revelation on my full susser. It has a 2014 rapid recovery rebound assembly. After a trip to Snowdonia last weekend, my compression damping adjustment appears either entirely off, in which case the forks work normally through its travel, or completely on, in so far as the platform setting and full lock setting both allow approximately 50% plush travel before grounding out hard and completely. I no longer have any threshold adjustment from the flood gate. I’m not able to get the other half of the travel at all and it feels like hydraulic lock.

Initially I thought I had blown the moco head seal and was looking at having all my damping oil in the sliders, but with the moco set unlocked (i.e. open), I can still use full travel. Rebound also continues to work through the full range of adjustment.

Anyone had similar?

LoCo
    Free Member

Comp. damper may have some parts coming loose or the check shim spring behind the lower piston may have worked it’s way under the shim.
    Pop it out an have a look

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Well, here’s what I found.

A completely free-floating screw and washer. The washer had become trapped in one of the compression piston ports and was interfering with the shim stack. Plenty of swarf shaved off the washer too, so I had to fully strip and clean the whole damper side in the end.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘RS Revelation damping problems’ is closed to new replies.