Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Royalfail AKA the courier worlds equivalent of the DoDo bird
  • kaesae
    Free Member

I must admit over the past 2 years I’ve come to see this horrendous organization as a liability and threat to my company.

The service is truly appalling. They have a complete disregard for professionalism and customer care.

My latest problem with royalfail has been going on for a while now, I will try to explain this particular problem and encourage anyone else to speak out, if they have any problems as well.

The postman comes while I am in, he delivers the mail and in with the mail I recieve a card saying that, I was out and that they missed me, fair enough! but the card is dated and timed on that day when I was in, this has happened a good 5 to 10 times now ❓

I’ve spoken to the guys at the sorting office and the response was. oh did he not even try and deliver it 😯

Head office has basically said that they can redeliver in 48 hours, when enough mail has back logged and they can be bothered getting of their arses no doubt. When I asked what action would be taken the response was that a complaint will be filed. That the sorting depot will have to respond too 😯

I for one am sick of stuff being stolen, I’m sick of phone lines where no one answers, I’m sick of late mail and I’m also sick of the, we don’t have to give a shit and you can’t do anything about it mentality.

So long Royalfail, you have taken the piss from the British people, for a long time.

Best for everyone now, if you simply, PISS OFF!!

ojom
    Free Member

Are you registered as a business with a business address with them.

We get excellent service – cannot find fault considering what we pay.

Invoices always seem to get to us from suppliers too… annoyingly.

kaesae
    Free Member

No I’m not registered with them, since I know a few of the guys who I quite like, they know who I am. My problem isn’t with the posties I like them, it’s the lack of organization and lack of real management.

You seem to have had a better service than me, there can’t be that many complaints surely, as the incident number they gave me is quite short, which was a surprise.

1-1698905052 😯

Nick

My problem isn’t with the posties I like them

Seems to be the postie that’s at fault, or am I missing something?

toys19
    Free Member

the courier worlds equivalent of the DoDo bird

In my experience this is bloody accurate.

Garry_Lager

I’ve experienced that card ‘Sorry to have missed you! we called whilst you were out’ when we are in fact in more than a few times. Collar the postie and it’s a temp worker who just wibbles at you.

Anyone know why they do this? If the packages are too heavy they should just say so, none of these bogus claims that you weren’t in to receive them.

jordie
    Free Member

it is because they assume that you will be out.I had this happen one day i was on holiday and i was outside when the postie turned up.As she is really a nice person she and just said i don`t take stuff on the bike when i know you will be at work.I can see her point but i can also see how bad it is when you are waiting for something

NikNak7890
    Free Member

I work for RM, and seeing the pish poor decisions being made by those “in charge” with zero qualifications to DO their job, and how completely inept to55ers are promoted through nepotism and ars3holing, I’m throwing my CV left, right and centre before the whole thing implodes.

So, if there’s anyone in the wind industry looking for a time-served Electrical Engineer, give me a nudge before I quite literally “go postal”!!!

bigbloke
    Free Member

I have had this happen to me, i actually stood at the window watching the postie put the “you were out” card through my door, i challenged him about it , he was a touch embarrassed, 1 hour later he came back with my package.

The most annoying thing though i suffer with Royalfail is when i am waiting for a parcel that is tracked, i look on the website to track it and it says parcel has been delivered,which is not true as i don’t have it, so this kicks off my thinking right someone has nicked it etc then follows complaints to sorting office only for my parcel to arrive an hour or so later. On challenging the postie about this he dismissively says well we sign them out at sorting office as you live in a village????????????. Defeats the whole point of special / recorded delivery security protocol. This has happened several times with complaints that have come to sod all!!

kaesae
    Free Member

A lot of the time it is larger items that come via first class, they don’t want to carry them around in their bags, which is fair enough. after all 10x 1kg packets is a good amount of weight.

The last one with me was a wheel rim 😀 so I wouldn’t have expected the postie to carry that in a box around for 2 hours.

Still we pay for a service and the royalmail due to a lack of organization are failing to deliver.

Sandwich

So you’re running a business and haven’t told Royal Mail? If you tell them the service should improve as business mail is driving the decision making (Saturday post likely to go soon due to no business need).

Woody
    Free Member

In the past 3-4 months I’ve seen an improvement, even though I had no complaints previously (snow 2-3 weeks not incl.). Get virtually everything on time and usually AM now instead of the afternoon, with a shiny new bike bit at 0940 this morning.

This also seems to be working when I post something out eg. I sent a wheel from Durham, Parcelforce 48 hour at 1630 and it arrived next morning in a little place in Wales ! 😀

kaesae
    Free Member

Sandwich – Member
    So you’re running a business and haven’t told Royal Mail? If you tell them the service should improve as business mail is driving the decision making (Saturday post likely to go soon due to no business need).

Had I known they had one postal service for the public and one for business, I might have!

However I wasn’t aware I had to tell royalmail anything, to be honest I avoid them like the plague. I feel I have the right to mention what is happening to me and it is obviously a policy since it is happening elsewhere regularly.

Which is what I figured and the point of this thread.

It’s easier to post a sorry you where out card, let the mail build up for a few days, then send out everything in a van, than it is to deliver on the day.

It’s a very shady way of royalfail saving money, that inconveniences and costs a lot of tax payers money ❓

Anyone who thinks that is a good thing and who defends royalfail,

WAKE UP!

kaesae
    Free Member

Yet again I’ve recieved a card through the door and I was in my flat all day until 5:15pm yesterday.

The sooner we get rid of the royalfail the better, saving money by costing the public money is simply idiotic and shows how useless those running the royalfail are.

aP
    Free Member

Yawn.
    When it’s owned by Deutsche Post do you really think that its going to get better and cheaper?

derp
    Free Member

We really do need more posts* about this.

*BOOOM!

geoffj

When it’s owned by Deutsche Post do you really think that its going to get better and cheaper?

I bet they’ll get better uniforms.

derp
    Free Member

I bet they’ll get better uniforms.

Apparently so….

druidh
    Free Member

Err – that card has nothing to do with you not being in. It’s that the parcel was TOO LARGE for the postie to deliver.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Err – that card has nothing to do with you not being in. It’s that the parcel was TOO LARGE for the postie to deliver.

Err no, the ‘too large’ means it was ‘too large’ to fit through the letterbox (see how that works 😀 )

He/she should still have knocked to allow you to open the door to get the parcel. That’s why Amazon have started sending out multiple CDs on the same order in seperate packing – feedback from posties – they can post 4 CDs in separate packaging (okay, maybe not enviro friendly…) but not a big box containing said CDs.

Up here really large packages (or if I get, say, 4 parcels on the same day) are banded up and a van goes around and delivers. 11 on the dot. If it’s 11.05 I know I’m not getting any shiney bike bits that day…

derp
    Free Member

Err no, the ‘too large’ means it was ‘too large’ to fit through the letterbox (see how that works )

Not always. Sometimes packages that are deemed to large for the postie to bring out, if they are sans van say, are left at the depot and the card filled out beforehand.

As you say usually a van will deliver these at some point, but it might not have been available that day.

kaesae
    Free Member

I have been trying to call a royalfail depot since 7:30 this morning with no answer, the service just gets worse and worse, how is it that we have a mail service that is not only incompetent but belligerently incompetent?

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Er, you just put your name and address all over t’interbobwebnet mate…

rickmeister

My postie is ace, knocks the door, parcel delivered…

If you want a bad experience, try Yodel… I think RM do ok…

MSP

I work for RM, and seeing the pish poor decisions being made by those “in charge” with zero qualifications to DO their job, and how completely inept to55ers are promoted through nepotism and ars3holing, I’m throwing my CV left, right and centre before the whole thing implodes.

Sounds like just about every modern workplace, if you think where you work isn’t like that then chances are you are one of the “completely inept to55ers are promoted through nepotism and ars3holing”.

letmetalktomark

Is this just not the case of just speaking to your postie – presuming he is your regular postie?

I work from home so 99% of the time I am in for signed for/parcels too large etc. On the occasion I do not hear the door etc my postie leaves the parcel in the porch.

On the very rare occasion it goes back to the depot if I phone before 1745 the item will be with me next day.

No complaints here.

Have a word with you postie. Do you perhaps have a safe place for them to leave larger parcels?

kaesae
    Free Member

I know my posties or most of them, it’s the way the service is run royalfail in edinburgh is useless and the so called trading standards is just as idiotic.

I phoned them last year and asked what could be done about them not answering the phone or delivering my mail, the morons at trading standards said that if it wasn’t too much hassle I should go and collect it 😯

So I said if I can’t get them on the phone how can I varify that it’s actually there ❓ I agree that most businesses and other organisations in this country are poorly run. I also think that a race as complacent as ours does not have a very bright future, if it has a future at all.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Royalfail AKA the courier worlds equivalent of the DoDo bird’ is closed to new replies.