Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Roof Insulation – Triso 10 or alternatives?
  • midlifecrashes

Triso-10

Anyone used it? Insulating a utility room roof. Roof is fairly shallow single pitch but pretty low headroom at the lower end, want to maintain as much as poss, but make the room heatable. We currently don’t try to heat it and treat the door to that room like an door to the outside. Now we’d like to tart it up a bit and maybe even heat it. Anyway, are the multifoil insulation products any good, or should I just wrestle some Kingspan in? Any experience?

lowey

Only had the chance to use them once on a job in Stockport, but building control would’nt ok it.

Check the spec’s and see if they have an Aggrement certificate or some other form of test.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Some BC departments accept this type of insulation, some don’t.

You’ll need to counterbatten underneath the foil to provide a 25mm air gap so you’ll lose about 40mm overall height.

Are you planning on putting downlighters or similar into the ceiling? If you are then I’d forget about using the foil type stuff as most of the insulating effect is from stopping air flow (crudely put).

midlifecrashes

No downlighters, and not planning on involving BC either. Roof was a crude addition in 50s/60s? to enclose space between house and garage. When we bought house it had a suspended hardboard ceiling and roof was leaking. I pulled down ceiling and fixed roof. Slates, battens, felt, beams and walls top and bottom, nothing more, so simple structure, and all has been visible to us now for years. My outline plan is to batten either side of multifoil then plasterboard and skim. Walls to be 100mm Kingspan, then board out as before. It’s a biggish utility room so will have to frame out to place timber for hanging wall units etc but otherwise straightforward.

mk1fan
    Free Member

The foil insulation needs a gap either side of it – 25mm between it and plasterboard..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Roof Insulation – Triso 10 or alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.