Home Forums Bike Forum Rollers – should I?

• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by stox.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rollers – should I?
  • stox
    Free Member

Got a £50 wiggle voucher and I’m feeling really drawn to putting it towards a set of Elite rollers.
    What’s your opinion?

Can I just hop on with my ‘good’ road bike and pedal away without making any changes to the bike?

I also have an old Raleigh set up as a single speed – would that be of any benefit on the rollers or do I need the gears to add the resistance?

I’m keen on the rollers over a turbo as I don’t want to have the faff of attaching / Unattaching the bike each time

stox
    Free Member

Quick bump !

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Yes, once set up, (front hub over the front roller), then you can just hop on a cycle away.

There is another thread on here RE: singlespeeds and rollers.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes you can just hop on. Gears are good.

Rachel

unovolo
    Free Member

Love my rollers for a quick fix when the weather is sh!te,use my singlespeed on them virtually 99% of the time,occasionally my geared roadbike gets a go.

Normally stick a movie on my tablet and just ride.

emanuel
    Free Member

best thing you can do for your pedalling.ss/fixed is even betterer.get a gym mat for underneath though.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Sight hijack. Which rollers for £150 mark or less?

stox
    Free Member

I’m looking at the Elite arion parabolic rollers £158 on wiggle or the Tacx Antares £142 on wiggle … Think the Elite would be my first choice, if anybody has any experience of these…

marvincooper

I’ve got the Antares, my first rollers and find them great, took 5 minutes before I stopped wobbling and can now ride no-hands 🙂 They feel smooth and there is enough resistance using the gears for most folk I should think (more than enough for me at the moment). Can’t see what more you would want from rollers at that price.

stox
    Free Member

Does anybody know if I can use the elite Arion parabolic rollers with trainerroad?

There are lots of elite rollers on their list of supported rollers/trainers but none say parabolic…. Don’t really want to spend the extra on the elite rollers with the resistance option that i know are on the list….

kcr
    Free Member

Some first hand information from a very experienced track coach that might be useful:
    http://www.edinburghrc.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=15004.0

monkeyp

I got a set of Tacx Anteras from bike-discount for under £100 a few months back. Well worth checking out the prices in Germany as they are often much cheaper.

Just checked – currently £124

flashes
    Free Member

I bought some old basic rollers for £15 from as charity shop used them about 6 times, then realised it was soooooooooo dull. Now go MTBing in the dark. Much nicer………….

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I use the Elite Arion parabolic rollers, I’ve not bothered with TrainerRoad as I use a PowerTap to measure my efforts.

I find them good to use, not too hard to get started and plenty of resistance. They are quite plastic though, although it looks like they have changed design a little for 2013

stox
    Free Member

Cheers monkeyp but i have a wiggle voucher to use.

Never used rollers before but if I do get into them I really fancy the trainerroad / sufferfest options as a way to keep me entertained and motivated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rollers – should I?’ is closed to new replies.