Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockshox SID on the trail will I die?
  • Lakes_Puma

I’m building myself a 29er and have purchased a pair of SID XX forks, 120mm as that it the recommended travel for the frame.

I bought the forks mainly as they were the correct travel and a good price.

But reading up on them all talk is of a super lightweight XC fork, does this mean it will snap in two if I ride it off the kerb or over a couple of tree roots?

I’m not a gap jumping 6′ drop kind of rider but would like to be able to the bike to trail centres

Comments please?

iolo
    Free Member

I ran Sid world cup for years.They had carbon steerer.
    They were a fantastic fork and were thrashed whenever I rode them.
    There was a little flex but I could live with that.
    I did not die.
    I sold them to a mate who still has them.

chiefgrooveguru

One of my mates has been ragging an old GT which he upgraded with SIDS for a few years – he jumps off quite a lot of things and they haven’t broken yet. I think the more recents SIDS are stronger than his ones anyway.

beaker

You’ll have to give them to me. They are very likely to explode if ridden off a curb…… They’ll be fine around a trail centre unless you are a total loon.

Lakes_Puma

Thanks for putting my mind at rest chaps. 😀

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

SIDs use the same/very similar chassis to Rebas, only with better damping, and Rebas come on lots of trail bikes, including things like the Camber Evo, so they should be fine. Can’t find any reviews of 2014 SIDs yet, but lots of reviews of bikes with 2014 Reba 120mm 29er forks, and they generally seem positive.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox SID on the trail will I die?’ is closed to new replies.