Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rock Lobster 853-130mm forks??
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    i currently have 2007 100mm Rebas SL fitted to my Rock Lobster but it feels a little low at the front.
    I have a set of 130mm Revelations lying doing nothing and am considering fitting them to see if it raises the front to make it feel more comfortable.
    Anyone done this and if so what was it like.
    (Note -have considered having the rebas taken part to see if they can become 120mm but not got round to it yet and thought this would save the bother. Would then sell the Rebas as I would have no use for them)
    Cheers
    Steve

Lummox

got talas rl's with maximum 130 travel on them, bike feels best in 130 but nicer uphill in 110, 90 feels LOW. i usually leave it in 130.

Not sure if they're meant to have that length travel fork on them though

mrl

My wifes tig sl (same geometry) came with 110mm magura ronins. they have been replaced by revelations set at 110mm-115mm. I wound them out to 130 and it did not look right. It raised the BB a lot to so it was dropped down to 110-115mm

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

130 is too long for normal riding. Both me and Mrs PP have had one with 130mm-ish adjustable forks on and we rarely used them above 110mm. They are slightly old school geometry now and although they are brilliant bikes, I wouldn't do it.

I fitted some 100mm Fox Floats for the guy that bought Mrs PPs RL and to be honest, that was the bet it ever felt. Spot on match to the flrame IMO 🙂

Wiksey
    Free Member

I've stuck 130mm Revs on my Malt 1 (similar geometry) as the front felt too low (I felt like I was going over the bars on downhills). I contacted Merlin and they said not to do it but it was that or sell the frame. It sort of worked but I think the top tube is a little short for me too or to put it another way I trying to compensate for the fact that the frame is too small for me.
    Try it, you might like it.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I've got a team tig sl (same geometry according to mrl ^^), fitted with 04 Fox Talas forks 80mm-125mm and very low riser bars. I've tried it at 125mm travel and it was ok, but definitely felt best a bit less, I think I settled on 5 clicks off max. , so 110mm.
    If you've already got the forks, then try it, changing a crown race is easy.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

This is how the bike looks at 125mm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rock Lobster 853-130mm forks??’ is closed to new replies.