Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Roadie tyres – cuts & nicks
  • Nobby

Had a bad puncture day today & now have a couple of 4/5mm cuts in a tyre. Hey don’t appear to have gone through the threads but I’d prefer to fix ’em if possible (tyres only a month old).

Tried the cement that comes with the weldtite tubeless repair kit but that doesn’t see to have worked – any other suggestions?

simondbarnes

Superglue

Nobby

That simple eh?

Best go & get some in the morning then. Ta.

Kuco

Yep, superglued a small cut in my road tyre a couple of months ago and its still fine.

teasel
    Free Member

Yessum, that simple. The gel version is thicker and stays where you put it but the normal stuff gets into the grooves, a bit like Madonna…

mattsccm
    Free Member

Small ones that you see when the tyre flex’s need gluing uninflated. Bigger one with the air in. Sometimes the opposite! Clean cut first

Nobby

Thanks chaps, I’ll try and avoid a “how do I unglue a tyre from my fingers” thread tomorrow.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, a dab of superglue won’t do any harm, I’m slack and tend to just leave them though, pretty unlikely they’ll cause any problems. I hope.

HermanShake
    Free Member

This is awesome. Just found a slice on my front end today.

fubar
    Free Member

I read somewhere (So it must be true!) that this stuff worked well Shoe Goo

I bought some but never used it and eventually got round to buying new tyres.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Roadie tyres – cuts & nicks’ is closed to new replies.