Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Road route Ideas in the Jura/ north of Geneva
  • titusrider
    Free Member

I have been given licence to take my road bike (or MTB but im prefering road at the moment) down to the Jura for a few days of riding over the Jubilee week.

I will have about 4 days of riding and am wondering if anyone has got any good route ideas.
    Staying here

Im thinking up to 80 miles is the max achieveable in that terrain given i can do 100 without tooo much trouble at home

mugsys_m8

To les rousses ski station, along to Lajoux, Mijoux, Lelex etc.

Think about doing sections of the road bike version of the GTJ. Look at the GTJ association website here:

GTJGTJ[/url]

Great area, I know it better in winter for ski de fond. Coldest area of France.

Across in the Bugey, i.e. south of the main bulk of the Jura, south of Bellegarde, there is Grand Colombier which is fearsomely steep. More so than the classic alpine cols.

mugsys_m8

GTJ

mugsys_m8

Of course there is the MTB version of the GTJ…….. 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

Jura is a great region for food, wine and the landscape. Lots of quiet roads for biking. There was a thread on another forum about MTB/VTT there, the ski resort of Metabief has bike trails and this Enduro Event.

I have a friend who lives in Nyon on the Swiss side, I’ll ask him for some links for road biking – no doubt there are clubs/sites/forums etc. I’ve done some walking there and we drive through regularly via different routes when we are on our way to Valais region of Switzerland. With a little planning you could do a route with a view of Lake Geneva.

If you are into your food catch up on Raymond Blanc’s new series on BBC iPlayer, first episode is on the Jura which the region where he grew up. Comte, Vin Jaune, saucisse de Morteau … 🙂

mugsys_m8

mmmmmmm Comté direct de la fromagerie………

jambalaya
    Free Member

Tour Jura – Etap 2 Etape 3
    Forum ride vallee de la bienne

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Road route Ideas in the Jura/ north of Geneva’ is closed to new replies.