Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Road bike setup help now with PIX
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

measure the top tube to get the size of your bike.

Merak

They are ubiquitous! Ask someone on here? Perhaps your size is local.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

thomthumb – any more detail?

Merak

thomthumb
    measure the top tube to get the size of your bike.

Not so. The reach was right on the Ribble I bought. I just couldnt get my leg over *story of my life* 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Anyone care to estimate the value of my frame/fork/headset/wheels/and seatpost please?

thomthumb
    Free Member

re: ETT measurement

i googled and found this not sure if it’s ideal but it covers the basics. this one might be better…

a 54 in one brand is similar to another’s 55 and someone else’s 58 especially with the lack of convention around classic/ compact/ semi-compact geo.

the effective top tube measurement, ETT, is the one that allows you gauge weather a bike fits you. for example. i’m 5’11” and i like mtbs with around 600 mm ETT and roadbikes around 570 mm.

what i was suggesting is that you need to measure yours because 54 doesn’t mean a lot.

HTH.

MrSmith
    Free Member

54? My bosses at my old shop rode 54s and they were 5’7 and 5’8 respectively. I ride a 56 and a 57 and am 5’10”. You need a 58 or 60!

i’m 6ft1 and ride a 56.
    yet anecdotal internet sizing is pointless, people have different leg/femur/torso/arm lengths and different levels of flexibility.
    nobody mentions stem length either and how headtube height and stem angle will also shorten or lengthen the effective cockpit length.

the only real way is trial and error by buying different frames/stems/bars and aimlessly trying to hit the right combination or getting a professional fit done.
    worth every penny and saves money in the long run.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Well just bought a ribble frame in 58 off eBay so let’s see

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Road bike setup help now with PIX’ is closed to new replies.