Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Riders Down- Mountain Rescue Fundraiser, please help.
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

All the details are in this thread, and a proper tribute thread will follow but I am not the person to write it.

I wasn’t going to post this thread until I’d spoken to hungrymonkey but it’s half three in the morning and the full weight of what has gone on has just hit me and it appears my way of grieving is to try and “do” stuff.

A number of members of this forum have lost a few people very dear to them this weekend and I think we’ve decided some good has to come out of this. As it happens four of us are entered as two pairs for the Puffer this weekend and would absolutely love to smash the bollocks of it for Glencoe Mountain Rescue. I only know Chris of the victims but he certainly would have done the same thing.

Chris’s friends have been outstanding and this has already torn through facebook. We’ve already raised nearly £850 in 6 hours. The generosity of everyone has been staggering.

If you can spare anything at all, please donate to the cause here-

Just Giving Page

“Elite rider coming through, keep calm and pull over”

Bregante

Done.

Mods. Can this be made a sticky?

munrobiker
    Free Member

It would be lovely if someone could “report” the post and bring it to their attention but I’m aware there’s already a post asking for money up there.

Thanks to all the total strangers who have donated.

ask1974
    Free Member

Done. Tragic news and heartfelt consolation to family and friends.

bruneep

“reported it”

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Luke.

You need to get some rest. Nurses orders.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve tried. Lying in bed means I don’t have anything to distract me and so all I do is think about it and can’t get to sleep. At the moment I’m happiest cracking on with stuff. Snow’s stopped me getting to work so might well nod off this afternoon.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Rest even if not sleep will do you some good.

Hope to see you soon.

robarnold
    Free Member

I worked with Chris and Busty at BV, both amazing fellas full of enthusiasm and a thirst for adventure.

They’ll leave a massive hole in everyone’s lives who has had the pleasure of knowing them.

RIP lads

Drac

Done and donated.

RIP Chaps.

Come on folks lets see just how far this little community can push the donations.

The-remedy
    Free Member

Donated

My thoughts are with you

stevemakin

Donated

sad times, but I’m sure their friends will remember the good times mostly….

devs
    Free Member

Donated. Get some rest munrobiker, you’re the anchor of our pair so I need you at your best!

lowey

Donated. Desperately Sad.

ChrisHeath

Done.

jonathan
    Free Member

Done

As an MR team member and a rider I think this is an amazing way to honour your friends. Ride well at the Puffer.

RustyMac

Donated,
    Best of luck at the Puffer.

whattyre
    Free Member

big thread on facebook where the link has been put up…that should help.very tragic,i didnt know the folk involved but these thing always bring it home how fragile life can be..i was only on a wilderness course a week ago and theyre was a large segment on mrt/chopper calling.its an omnipresent situation where they may have to be called if your in the hills.ive never done it but witnessed it a few times and the guys who do it are truely heroic…

ChrisHeath

Link to the Facebook post, so it can be shared?

ChrisHeath

Actually, never mind. I’ve just shared the Just Giving page instead.

jonba
    Free Member

Known people in various mountain rescue teams and a handful of people who have required their help.

Always sobering when this happens. Condolences and stay safe.

whattyre
    Free Member

https://www.facebook.com/#!/Theceltman?fref=ts
    some really nice comments on here…

Jerome
    Free Member

Sad news.
    Lovely gesture for a great cause.

Drac

Excellent work by everyone who’s donated £4.3k so far.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Everybody’s generosity made me have a little cry in the van today.

Thank you so, so much. Maybe Chris’ll break £5000 tonight- I wasn’t even expecting £500. Well done, the outdoor community is a great one.

robarnold
    Free Member

That amount is simply incredible, a fitting tribute

Drac

£5k well and truly smashed.

tartanscarf

As soon as my wife gets back from Edinburgh with my wallet there’ll be a few more quid on there too.

TS

whattyre
    Free Member

at this rate it could bust £6k…thats epic..its been doing the rounds on faceache which should help..spoke to a few guys who knew him and they were all a bit shocked/numb.its very tragic

Rickos
    Free Member

Pah! £6K? This is gonna go to £10K.

Do the ‘puffer organisers know about this? Anybody know them?

singletrackmind

Donated .
    It got a little dusty.
    Ride it like you stole it.

glupton1976
    Free Member

What about telling the folk at the Adventure Show – they’ll probably be up there filming the Puffer as per usual.

whattyre
    Free Member

i think steve from square wheels is on or part of the organisation…

PaulMcG

Good idea – I’ve tipped off my contacts at the Adventure Show and advised them of what you’re doing.

(I’m the co-organiser of the Celtman race that Chris did last Summer – I think you’ve posted on our FB page munrobiker?).

Cheers

Paul

Drac

Boom £6k gone, this is just fantastic.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Paul McG- I did post on your page, my name is Luke Bradley. Feel free to message me, it did cross my mind that the Adventure Show folk would be there.

I’m not sure about Square Wheels promoting this as they support their own MR team at the event.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Very sorry to read this, and of your loss munrobiker and others.

devs
    Free Member

I dunno if goldfish is on this forum or not but she has been the subject of Adventure Show coverage before teamed up with Jojo. She’s doing support for me and Luke and any other waif and stray that needs it as that’s what she’s like! She going to mention it to the Adventure Show crew so hopefully we can get a bit more publicity and bust the 10k. That would be awesome. People’s generosity is amazing. I have spent a lot of today with a big lump in my throat.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Just to reiterate Lukes words, its amazing to see the support received for this.

Thanks everyone.

Ollie.

funkrodent

Donated. Really tragic. Lost two best mates within a year of each other about 10 years ago. Pain has mostly gone now. Replaced by many, many happy memories, in which they’re forever young, the sun’s always shining and the wind ruffles their hair.. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Riders Down- Mountain Rescue Fundraiser, please help.’ is closed to new replies.