Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Richmond Park Lap Record (Road & London content)
  • sl2000

Apparently David Millar has just ridden a 13:35 lap of Richmond Park.

Can any of the champion commuter racers of STW better that? Bonus seconds awarded for riding an old SS MTB with slicks.

djglover
    Free Member

Bloody hell thats fast, I’ve done under 20 mins before but last time I tried it was more like 22. Have heard word recently of 3 laps being done in 48 mins too.

footflaps

30mph in a 20mph speed limit – he needs to attend a speed awareness course or just suffer several 100 posts of righteous indignation from the STW holier-than-thou crowd.

tonyg2003

Can’t beat that but a friend rode 27laps as part of a training to ride all the way round Jamaica charity ride.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Get Obree down there on his washing machine bike 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MAMILTASTIC! 🙂

midlifecrashes

Yeah but Millar’s a druggie so I couldn’t care less if he did it in five minutes.

bob_summers

If my maths is to be trusted, that’s about 3mph faster than Hutch’s record?

What’s with Millar’s funky headgear these days? NHS glasses and a beret?

McHamish
    Free Member

30mph in a 20mph zone…could be a baby deer’s face next time.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sad to see he was riding a full time trial rig. Would have been more in the spirit of things if he’d been wearing trendy jeans riding a fixie I feel.

brooess
    Free Member

I’d like to see someone on a fixed getting up and down the steeper bits of Richmond Park – fair play.
    And to be fair, the fixies live in the centre of London Village, Richmond Park is more the domain of casual newbies and MAMIL…
    I give him credit for doing that on open roads too. A bit like the Spanish Inquisition, no-one expects someone on a bike charging round Richmond Park at 30mph. Could have been messy

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And to be fair, the fixies live in the centre of London Village, Richmond Park is more the domain of casual newbies and MAMIL…

The FRTMs are to the East of that London’s Fair City of London.

RP’s also quite nice for a post work pootle on the MTB on a sunny evening, actually. Not exactly gnaarcore, but nice riding.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’d like to see someone on a fixed getting up and down the steeper bits of Richmond Park – fair play.

Getting up wouldn’t be the problem with a bit of effort. Down could be funny.. bit like this bloke doing Stelvio on a fixie – http://vimeo.com/14930896

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I had to look that mamil thing up, must be getting old, not being down with the kids anymore, god help me.. But if like me you didn’t understand :

Middle aged men in Lycra

psychle
    Free Member

What’s the direction for the ‘official’ TT of Richmond Park? Clockwise or counter-clockwise? And what’s the start point considered to be?

brooess
    Free Member

Anyone fancy an STW roadie Richmond Park TT? For a laugh like.
    I’m up North at the mo but moving back to London in the next month or so – maybe sometime end July?

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve been using Strava recently and the segments are a bit of an eye opener. There are some crazy times for some places and it means you can TT when you want and compare the times with people.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Richmond Park Lap Record (Road & London content)’ is closed to new replies.