Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Reverb speed adjuster not working
  • pondy
    Free Member

Just shorted the hose on my reverb, did a lever bleed after and now have an issue, the speed control was working before but now on full slow setting only makes a slight difference, adjusting the knob only pulls he lever on the the first few rotations, the rest do nothing. I have done a lever bleed then a full system bleed but not change, a quick Google shows you can make them return faster than stock by bleeding with the speed adjuster in a different setting than sram say, maybe I didn’t have the adjuster in full slow when I did a bleed?.if so how do I make the adjuster return to normal operation?

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Re-bleed with the adjuster in the full slow position and that should sort it. If you bled with the adjuster full fast the system will not have enough oil in it for you to see a difference when you adjust the knob.

carlos
    Free Member

Have you tried this –

Hold the syringe upright, as before, and gently pull on the plunger to ensure there is no more air present. Press in the actuator while pulling up on the plunger of the syringe, then push down on the plunger as you allow the actuator to return to its normal position. Repeat this process five to 10 times to ensure there is no air inside the actuator.

Turn the speed adjuster fully to the fast (or ‘+’) position, then back to slow – repeat this three times and leave in the fast position (or ‘+’) direction. Again, pull up on the plunger to remove air.

Push on the plunger and return the speed adjuster to the slow position. Push in the actuator, then apply pressure on the syringe, slowly releasing the actuator to its extended position. You can now unscrew the syringe and return the bleed port screw.

I know it’s part of the standard bleed, but prob where any errors occur

pondy
    Free Member

I carried out the bleed following sram Video on YouTube, will have another try later

pondy
    Free Member

I have got this the speed adjuster working but a normal bleed would not fix my fault. I have watched the sram video countless times and follow every step so I know I’m not doing anything wrong. Today I did a full system bleed then a lever bleed following advice on here, I did this for a while till I had no air bubbles but still the speed adjuster had little to no effect and my post was flying back up at an alarming rate, the way I sorted it was to set to full slow, crack of the t10 bleed screw at the lever and turn the adjuster slightly untill a small amount of oil came out then tighten up the screw, each time I did this the post got slower, repeated this untill I was happy with the slowest return speed, now my slow setting Is actually slow and my fast setting is testical smashing speed

andyl
    Free Member

another thing I found was ditch the official rockshox syringes if you have the white rubber plungers and they feel a bit tight. Swapped out for some normal off the shelf luer lock ones (black rubber plunger) and it made bleeding a lot better.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reverb speed adjuster not working’ is closed to new replies.