Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Retro Pace repair. STW engineers opinions?
  • zbonty

I’ve been meaning to post this image for ages, so if it does actually work what do you think?

There was a nasty crack around the head tube junction so this brace was welded on at a local welding shop..

[/url]
    CIMG1332 by ononeTi456, on Flickr[/img]

cynic-al
    Free Member

Looks sensible, no doubt we’ll hear if it breaks again!

takisawa2

That is one nice repair. Top class welding, & not easy on alloy.
    What’s the question anyway ?
    If its would you ride it then probably yes.

brant
    Free Member

Worst possible place to weld a gusset.

Nice welding though!

zbonty

The frame in question has had some severe abuse in its time (not by me!) I don’t think it was ever designed to big air/20ft drops tbh.

I was impressed with the workmanship as the welding was a) better than the original! b) done while you wait for a massive £10. fee by a local firm. Class.

zbonty

Brant, if my Ti456 cracks again i’ll consult you on precise gusset placement and get it done locally rather than wait 6-8 months while it goes back to Lynskey 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 @ zbonty!

andyl
    Free Member

£10 for welding like that! Get them to build you a whole frame.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Very tidy

haggis1978

Thats brilliant! you ask for STW eingineers opinions and when you get a proper one you slag them off 😀 Hilarious! I Love STW 😆 😆

zbonty

@haggis-interesting interpretation. I was showing an interesting (to me) bike related image of a nice cheap repair to any interested parties.

When i said ‘STW engineers’ i did’nt mean a proper one, more the pretend ones you get on here!

Btw i was’nt slagging him at all, but i was teed-up so beautifully how could i resist! 😀

For the record of the 4 bikes in this house 3 are designed by Brant and Dave at PX dealt with my warranty brilliantly at the time.

porter_jamie

more like this would be better

Speshpaul

“Thats brilliant! you ask for STW eingineers opinions and when you get a proper one you slag them off Hilarious! I Love STW 😆 “

I’ve read the thread twice now and i can’t see any engineers being slagged off:-)

haggis1978

Maybe not slagging him off but certainly the way his warranty repairs are handled over 6 months. Thats seems a bit cheeky to me but still funny 😈

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Retro Pace repair. STW engineers opinions?’ is closed to new replies.