Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Removing SRAM connectamajig from Reverb Stealth
  • daver27
    Free Member

Hi,

just want to see if anyone else has done what i am planning on doing really…

My reverb stealth won’t fit on my new bike as the connectamajig is too long and it hits onto other frame parts before i can get teh saddle low enough on the max extension.

its only about an inch too high so i reckon i can remove the 2.5″ long connectamajig and replace it with the old style strain relief dodad and it should drop in nicely with no contact.

Has anyone else done this to their reverb at all? any issues? is the connectamajig actually removable?

Thanks all

otsdr
    Free Member

Hard to tell if you will be able to save one inch:

http://i.imgur.com/hKnLAwt.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/dVHba4H.jpg

On the other hand, it should be a fairly cheap experiment – part no. 11.6815.022.010 is about £8 on ebay.

daver27
    Free Member

it is definitely over an inch and for once, that inch will make all the difference…

mickmcd
    Free Member

yup removed it here

screwed a barb in re bled..

otsdr
    Free Member

Although, now that I really think about it, the connectamajig male part is crimped on, so you will end up cutting it and shortening the hose.

If the hose ends up too short you will need the full hose + barb kit, which is about £24 ( 11.6815.025.010 )

daver27
    Free Member

i’ve got tonnes of length left as it came off a Large mondraker, could probably plumb two bikes up with it!

kiksy
    Free Member

I had same issue. Removed the connectamajig and added the £8 part. Took a couple goes to get the hose perfectly sealed on the £8 part, but now its fine.

daver27
    Free Member

just a quick update to let anyone who’s thinking of doing this that it works fine and chops almost 2″ out of the overall rigid height of the post.

Northwind

Yeah, did it here too, connectamajig just seems like a pointless complication for most folks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Removing SRAM connectamajig from Reverb Stealth’ is closed to new replies.