Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Removing canti mounts and fitting disc mounts to a ti frame?
  • Soup
    Free Member

Is this possible. If so, any framebuilders in Surrey you can recommend?

Macavity
    Free Member

Enigma

GasmanJim
    Free Member

Hi. I'm having my old Merlin Taiga modified at the moment. I'd give Enigma a wide birth on cosmetic grounds. Instead I've got the legend (he's in the mtn bike hall of fame!) Steve Potts form Point Reyes, California doing mine right now. Have a look at his website (just google Steve Potts bicycles). He can remove the old canti-mounts without leaving a trace and has a specially designed disc mount which dissipates the stress along the seatstay. He's also altering my cable routing ready for Alfine 11 speed and beadblasting the whole frame. You'll need fairly deep pockets though and shipping the frame over there ain't cheap. If you do decide to use him I might have a neat wooden bike frame shaped packing crate to lend you once mine comes back home.

0range5

Maybe a long-shot, but when I did the MBL training at Cyclewise, one of the guys on the course had an old Kona Hei-Hei ti hardtail that he'd had modified for discs. Can't remember his name now, but the Rich or Craig would know as he was a mate of theirs. If you can't afford the cost of the US builder maybe give them a call. May turn out to be Enigma, can't remember though. It looked a decent job to me though.

alexathome
    Free Member

Macavity – Member

Enigma

Don't do it…… unless you are into S&M, look at the god awful mess they made of a 2K frame the ham fisted d1ckheads:

Macavity
    Free Member

Sorry , Surrey was mentioned.

tragically1969
    Free Member

alexathome

Jesus, did you have to pay for that, i hope not, thats awful

Macavity
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Removing canti mounts and fitting disc mounts to a ti frame?’ is closed to new replies.