Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommendations for Hotel and Restaurant in Birmingham Please
  • marcus
    Free Member

Off to the NIA later this month with the wife. Going to make the most of off-loading the kids for a night, so a nice meal and night in a hotel has been promised.

Any suggestions of hotels and restaurants would be appreciated.

Cheers

camerone
    Free Member

Hotel du Vin or Malmaison. not really any boutique or independents that I know of.
    Taster menu at Simpsons well worth doing, though extraordinarily pricey.

I will make an assumption as you are married with kids – avoid Broad Street….

lunge

Got a budget in mind?

Hotel wise, The Burlington is good as is The Malmaison and the Hotel du Vin. They’re not cheap though. The City Inn is cheaper and not bad as is the Radisson. Avoid the Britannia at all costs, it is a horrible place.

Food wise, You have Purnells and Edmunds which are both wonderful but will cost more than the hotel. Slightly cheaper are Opus and Anderson Bar and Grill which are both fit for a romantic meal.

For bars there are many to choose from. Assuming you want somewhere “nice” then Pub du Vin and Utopia are good as is most of the stuff in the Mail Box. Baccus is a bit different but worth a visit as is The Yardbird.

If you give me a few more details in terms of what you like/don’t like I give you some more specific ideas

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    marcus
    Free Member

Lunge,

I suppose I’m lucky in that Im not too concerned about budget – providing we arent talking £500 a night hotels and £250.00 a head meals. – I dont like paying good money for crap though. Thanks for the suggestions, I have a look at their websites.

Houns

Malmaison . You can get a room for £25 if you spend £75 in the bar/restaurant (easy to do!)

lunge

marcus, with no budget I would go to Purnells, the food is unbelievable but if you go for the taster menu be prepared to pay about £300 for the 2 of you. A la carte could be done for £75 – £100 per head with wine. You’ll need to book about 2 or 3 months in advance though.

Houns

You are kinda spoiled for Michelin starred restaurants in or near the city

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for Hotel and Restaurant in Birmingham Please’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts