• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me some kids back seat entertainment
  • prahran
    Free Member

We’ve got a long drive ahead of us for our holiday to cornwall. I have a 2 and a 4 year old. I want to buy some of those dvd players that you see on the back of head rests. Anybody got any of these? would like to hear your opinions

wwaswas

We got one with 2 screens and it’s great if the kids can agree to watch the same film and they’re able/willing to wear headphones.

Tbh best thing we used to do was travel at night – they sleep the whole journey…

geoffj

Just bought some Philips ones from Argos for £160.
    Had some cheaper Alba ones before which were gash. Defo worth the extra.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Tbh best thing we used to do was travel at night – they sleep the whole journey…

+1

And the wife does in the passenger seat too. So several hours of peace and quiet.

We did the same last autumn (two 18 month olds). 8 hours to St Ives getting up at about 2am.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

We’re considering this too… just not sure we want the battle about always wanting to watch a film in the car though…

cousinzeke

how about CD audio books, pick something up from the library and turn the stereo speaker volume down in the front? We’ve tended to do that as it takes up less space, something like the cat in the hat would be fine.

djglover
    Free Member

How safe are these in a crash? Will they stay put or become a missile

It could be a childs face after all!

woody2000

<waits for the forums uber-parents to turn up….>

donsimon
    Free Member

We used to play I-spy, or “How many registration numbers from area X?”.
    HTH.

CountZero

How safe are these in a crash? Will they stay put or become a missile
    It could be a childs face after all!

They fit into the headrest, and the children are strapped in. No issue.

poly
    Free Member

Eldest has a Philips (bought by Granny). Its good. We bought youngest a cheap Argos one (Alba?) which is crap (skips, jumps etc) to stop her moaning! Only used on long journies (you might want to think about how they are installed – if left in situ they are potentially nickable) and our friends with “in built” ones hate the argument every time they are only going fifteen minutes in the car.

Headphones essential.

If it is for a one off, then the very first time I cobbled something together with my netbook – you may already have something that would do the job?

iDave
    Free Member

I always drive at night, leave after Midnight, they wake up in the car when it’s on the beach in the morning. Otherwise, phenergan is your friend…..

DrP

Give the kids 5 minutes at the wheel every few hours. Livens things up a bit…

DrP

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some kids back seat entertainment’ is closed to new replies.