Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me some hair clippers
  • nostoc
    Free Member

I am about 2% of the way into a haircut with my Remington precision with ceramic blades and am about to give up and pick up the scissors. I have dismantled and cleaned them but they were pretty shite even when new. Ones on ebay have lots of attachments and come in different colours but my main priority would be that they are effective at cutting hair. Any suggestions please?

carlosg
    Free Member

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4426226/Trail/searchtext%3EHAIR+CLIPPER.htm

Mine have served me well for the last 3 years.

Cut the fancy stuff it always knacks up , cheap and simple works best.

Andy-W
    Free Member

what about cordless are they worth a pop ?

SilentSparky
    Free Member

I didn't get on with ceramic blades, went back to a simple steel WAHL set, they seem to last years…

carlosg
    Free Member

Andy W – Member

what about cordless are they worth a pop ?

LOL , been there the answer is no! Picture the scene it's 5pm on a saturday and you're thinking 'mmmm , maybe a quick trim before I go out with the lads/missus' and halfway through the battery runs out!!!!!

Jase
    Free Member

I have used the Phillips ones with the rotating blade for the past few years and they are very good.

nostoc
    Free Member

Thanks all, it seems steel and simple is the way to go. My ten minute hack looks OK for now though. Bit cold, mind.

sc-xc

After my Wahl's packed up (admittedly, after about 15 years) I bought some Remington cordless. Way better than the Wahl's were for my twice weekly buzz. If they run out of juice…plug 'em in and carry on!

Cordless is the way forward IMO

SnS
    Free Member

Would agree with the 'steel & simple' route.
    Bit of oil on the blades every so often & all's well.

Prefer the cordless types which have the option to just plug into mains when the battery goes…saves looking like a modern art reject 🙂

Chris

chewkw
    Free Member

Been using Wahl for nearly 11 years now.

Still working fine.

😛

petrieboy

Wahl "balding" clippers here – so much better than anything I've used in the past 15 years of twice weekly shave.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Wahl again………mine must be getting on twenty year old and still going strong!

slimtubing
    Free Member

+1 for Wahl, got some off my missus about 15 years back, just serviced them last week- like new again.

grynch
    Free Member

this is the one I've been using that last 6-8months.. and only badly scalped myself once

http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/mens-grooming/qc5170_00/prd/au/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some hair clippers’ is closed to new replies.