Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend a good pub on leeds/liverpool canal
  • ton

anyone know of a good pub on the leeds liverpool canal.

gonna ride it over 2 days, cos it is flat and i cant do hills at the mo.

and it has to have reet nice ale too………… 8)

sambob
    Free Member

Don’t bother looking between Skipton and the Foulridge Tunnel, all of them seemed fairly poor. Some nice ones in the other direction though, down towards Bingley.

Chase
    Free Member

The Fishermans in Bingley (Wagon Lane) is alright and is literally on the canalside. The Brown Cow is good too (2 minute detour away from canal). Cross the footbridge over the trunk road by the Damart chimney/3 rise locks, cross the road and pass the Old White Horse, bridge over the River Aire and you’re there.

matthewjb
    Free Member

If you’re riding it in 2 days then Bingley doesn’t really make sense as a place to stop at the end of day one. Leeds to Bingley is about 15 miles on the canal.

chutney13
    Free Member

stop off in long preston, i think it’s called the boar’s head. nice pub, decent food.

Chase
    Free Member

If you’re looking for accomodation forget the two Bingley pubs I mentioned. I thought you just fancied a pint.

ton

i thought long preston or gargrave for overnight.
    any good pubs in skipton?

willjones
    Free Member

I know of at least 4 good pubs between Leeds and Bingley. That doesn’t help at all does it?

Garry_Lager

The Green Man is right at the canal terminus in Liverpool, be a great place for a bevvy to finish things off.

Shake hands?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6I8-0eDxaY[/video]

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The Narrow Boat #pub in Skipton is supposed to be good and just off the canal (hence the name). It’s near that outdoors shop (was Fishers, now ultimate Outdoors) if you know it. Don’t think it has rooms tho. Skipton is a bit lacking in nice cheap accommodation. The Narrow Boat is one of them new style of real ale houses and has Skipton Copper Dragon Ales and other real beer type stuff.

The Cross Keys at East Marton always looks nice when I drive past over the canal (Also a Skipton Copper Dragon ales Pub), but I’ve no idea what it’s like inside.

woody2000
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend a good pub on leeds/liverpool canal’ is closed to new replies.