• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Dave.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Reader Awards – I don't want to vote on all…
  • flamejob
    Free Member

… categories; but I have to.

Why?

Jamie
    Free Member

Because.

wwaswas

I tried to pick random ones for the ‘I don’t have a clue’ entries on the basis that just picking the first one on the list each time might be unfair…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Becasue otherwise the pointless catagories would get no votes at all…..

Mark

The reason we ask you to vote in all categories is to prevent the campaigning effect we have had on the votes in the past where some finalists would have a computer set up on their counters and they’d ‘encourage’ all their customers to vote for them in just the one category. To counter this to a certain extent we insist that if you vote then you have to vote in all categories.

However, in the past we’ve had a ‘I have no opinion’ option in each category but we forgot to add that this year. That’s being fixed right now though.

loddrik
    Free Member

I have no idea what you are all talking about..

flamejob
    Free Member

Thanks Mark!

For categories like photographer, event and shop I have no opinion at all.

toys19
    Free Member

I like the way when you finish voting it says

“I hope your proud of your choices”

I took that in a sarcastic tone…

MrOvershoot

Its only a minority voting thing in a narrow market, don’t let it worry you too much and just vote for the bits that the colours appeal to you if its that much of a chore 😉

Northwind

Photographer was my one… Never heard of these people, had to choose one, so you either go away and research them or you choose the one whose name you like most.

Dave
    Free Member

So you both subscribe but don’t know who two contributing photographers and the art director of the mag are?

druidh
    Free Member

Nope – it would never occur to me to find that out.

Northwind

Dave – Moderator

“So you both subscribe but don’t know who two contributing photographers and the art director of the mag are?”

Nope, not really interested tbh, I look at and enjoy the pictures without needing or wanting to know who’s behind the camera. I don’t know who welded up my frame either.

uplink
    Free Member

So you both subscribe but don’t know who two contributing photographers and the art director of the mag are?

I guess some people do but as others, I don’t have the faintest idea what any of the mag contributors are called – apart from Chipps I suppose

Dave
    Free Member

Interesting..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Reader Awards – I don't want to vote on all…’ is closed to new replies.