Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 162 total)
  • Rarest bike you've owned?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Just wondering…and I mean a production bike, not a custom one, owned and ridden at the time, not bought as a mid life crisis retro project 😉

Stumpjumper Epic here I think, the 1990 one – with canti mounts on the back, I expect that to be well beaten.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Orange 5 and a Carbon 456 what do i win?

I actually do own both 😳

cynic-al
    Free Member

last place so far 😀

Always fancied a Fisher CR7, American Bicycle or a Cunningham

tomhoward

2006 GT IT1, they made 200. Ferrari made 399 Enzos

Sold it to flange on here 6 months ago, but I suspect he’s not seen it yet!

There’s a different one on eBay now…

sc-xc

Kobe….? IIRC there were only 30 meds and 20larges. I ended up with Mike’s…

Junkyard
    Free Member

proper LOL at that reply 😀

racefaceec90

not rare no doubt but a 2008 s works carbon frame.

jam-bo

S-works FSR. The JMC one.

I loved that bike, my student overdraft didn’t

Kuco

89 Kona Cindercone with the splattered paint job and rear U brake.

Moses

The Rainbow Pig.
    Actually a 1998 (probably) Norco Bomber in bright orange. Horst Link suspension, Risse Racing shock and a design that meant the seatstay cup split after a couple of 1000miles. They gave me a new one for free, but the shock blew & was irreparable.
    Bought 2nd hand from a shop in Whistler before everyone had heard of the place, 1999.

I think the bike was the only one which made it to the UK, it was before Norco had an importer here.

mikejw
    Free Member

I have a Dave hinde pro, people look at the bike but have no idea it cost so much!!

LeeW

I’m sure they’re not rare but I’ve never seen another RC200 out on the trails. I had a Merlin XLM for a couple of years, I was told by the importer there was less than 20 in the country – not sure how true that is though.

Got a Tranny now, again I’ve never seen another one out on the trails.

monkeyboyjc

1998 Chuck CRFS – not many made, few sold in the UK (prob less than 10)
    2004 Turner Rail – not many made (100), lots seem to be in the UK though.

fadda

Proflex with Girvin forks worth any points?

AD

Bontrager Race OR and Ellsworth Flight – I haven’t seen many of either about but I don’t know whether that means that they’re rare or just old…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

By the very nature that I don’t ride it, and all the rest have snapped. I present my meta 5.5.2

DezB
    Free Member

Ther e were plenty of Proflexes and Rc200s back in “the day”.
    Only me and my mate had Principia Mac Bs though…

the-muffin-man

I’ve got an original geared Ti Inbred which I’ve owned from new – I believe there where only 52 geared and 52 singlespeed frames made. Not sure how many are still on the trails.

JRTG
    Free Member

My dark side salsa primero. Salsa couldn’t sell them all as no-one wanted to pay £1600 for a steel road frame! Luckily that meant you could buy them rebranded for a fraction of the cost!

velocipede
    Free Member

DeKerf singlespeed
    IF Deluxe
    Pace RC200 in red ano with the team graphics, full team build
    Airborne Ti Hag singlespeed

….and I regret selling every last one of them!

starsh78
    Free Member

I had a de kerf years back some pikey sod nicked it 🙁

scaredypants

When I was a kid we lived up the road from a guy called Jack Taylor who made frames with his brothers, including lots of weird tandem-shaped objects. My dad knew him fairly well

Still got a frame (road/tourer) that was originally my dad’s – I crashed it properly when I was 20 and they rebuilt it for me so “only” really about 25 yrs old. My mate’s been SSing it to work lately after it had collected dust in my garage for ages (I am slightly worried it’ll fold & kill him)

Not that rare, but I doubt there’s all that many still around and being ridden

kevolution
    Free Member

I’ve got a Wheeler 3900ZX and I’ve not seen another one in the UK.
    Had it for 10 years and it’s still going strong.

Riksbar

One of these

The frame is still in my garage.

I loved it.

Scaredypants, are you a smoggie? My grandad knew the Taylor brothers.

mrhoppy

Pastey Howler Ti – never saw another.

qwerty
    Free Member

KONA King Kahuna titanium, brought second hand by me and then sold on to someone in Ireland.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

One of the last RSP ti frames built for the factory team. It was a tad too small for me but still regret selling it 🙁

tonyg2003

A 2007 Clockwork Orange reissue, 101 of 200. So not that rare but very nice!

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Got a haro freestyler ltd edition… Only 200 made…signed by the man himself. Looking at it in my living room ..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Riksbar winning so far, and kevolution in last place, purely on coolness grounds 😀

ski
    Free Member

the-muffin-man – Member

I’ve got an original geared Ti Inbred which I’ve owned from new – I believe there where only 52 geared and 52 singlespeed frames made. Not sure how many are still on the trails.

Wow, only 52 geared, that was a small run for such ‘I so wanted one’ bike.

Used to have a geared and SS, 853 inbred, both of which were ltd to a run 100 of each, neither of which were signed by Brant, which I think makes them rarer still 😉

andyl
    Free Member

8)

scaredypants

yes, riksbar – Stockton ’til I went away to uni
    (nice bike BTW !!)
    One of the Taylor brothers gave me my 1st condensed milk sandwich at their workshop. Luckily for us all, that is merely a sandwich containing condensed milk 😆

mattsccm
    Free Member

Does my very pre WW2 Dawes count? Suspect that there are not a huge amount of my Rogers trike with diff left either.

the-muffin-man

Used to have a geared and SS, 853 inbred, both of which were ltd to a run 100 of each, neither of which were signed by Brant, which I think makes them rarer still

I used to have a pink signed one – the signature came of after its first clean though!!

honeybadgerx

2006 S-works Stumpy FSR

Still going strong and may favouritist bike ever!

njee20
    Free Member

A very early 100mm travel Titus Racer-X in 2005. Great bike. Then it broke!

chvck
    Free Member

On One Growler, no idea how many are out there. I did not get on with it at all, felt totally wrong for me!

tthew

I have a Dave hinde pro, people look at the bike but have no idea it cost so much!!clue why anyone’d spend so much on an ordinary, alloy framed MTB

A long time ago I owned the one that was pictured in his mag ads. With AMP Research forks.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Ibis bowTi. Still have it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Rarest bike you've owned?’ is closed to new replies.