• This topic has 18 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Queen's Jubile – 9 days off for 3 days leave. Plans?
  • nbt

Has anyone else taken advantage of the jubliee weekend? For those unaware, it’s the queen’s diamond jubilee, and in order to celebrate the late May bank holiday has been moved back one week to the first Monday in June, and an extra bank holiday on the Tuesday has been added.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_197517

This means for 3 days leave (Wed 6th – Fri 8th), most of us will be able to get a 9 day stretch off work. Not bad – Just got my request approved before people begin to catch on, and I’ve noticed at least 3 other requests go in since I mentioned it – at some point, leave requests will be refused as otherwise we’ll barely have anyone here.

We’ve been talking about having a street party to celebrate so I think I’ll push for that to be on the saturday, then go away somewhere for a few days – maybe the Quantocks, they should be nice in early June and a worth a few days riding, eh?

suthy
    Free Member

Already done it!

lowey

Aye… we are all off to Keswick biking! (assuming we can find a campsite that will take groups 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nbt

Keswick, Lowey? Lovely place but surely you’ve done that enough already! Come down to the Quantocks, the riding’s great.

stumpy01

Hmmmm. Didn’t think of that! Thanks for the heads up! Think I will get my holiday form in!

trail_rat
    Free Member

we got the royal wedding last year so assumed we would get the jubilee – no joy 🙁

(oil industry so only guaranteed holidays are xmas , boxing day and new year and new year day – and even they can be bought off you ! )

slimjim78
    Free Member

thanks! booked, and bike holiday being planned as we speak..

sofaking
    Free Member

been booked for a while, going to Scotland somewhere

Mantastic
    Free Member

Its also school holiday week around these parts, worcestershire

Drac

Working for myself, I’ll mostly be grinding my teeth that site is shut down for another day for the flipping Royals.

Bunnyhop

Jubblys rock

The Queens Jubbly.

druidh
    Free Member

Hang on a mo. Isn’t this going to cost us £500m?

sofaking
    Free Member

Hang on a mo. Isn’t this going to cost us £500m?

which is a drop in the ocean compared to what the Olympics will cost the country

MoreCashThanDash

We are taking advantage of it and camping at the Cotswold Farm Park!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Paid leave? Wassat den? 😐

druidh
    Free Member

I have it on very good authority that Scotland will be extremely midgied – and wet and windy – those few days.

sofaking
    Free Member

😀
    i will be eating marmite from now until june

DT78
    Free Member

Note to self – book leave!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Queen's Jubile – 9 days off for 3 days leave. Plans?’ is closed to new replies.