Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Quandary – Alladin's cave clearance, but how?…
  • epicyclo

Been collecting bike bits for years now, mainly stuff I found interesting or quirky.

Problem is if I cark it tomorrow, my family will probably send most of it to the tip. I have decided on a mammoth cull and I intend to go from 30+ bikes down to 2.

So where’s the best place to sell unusual stuff? I was thinking of going on the USA eBay. Is there any other site I should be looking at, preferably auction because I have no idea where to set a price.

(eg, brand new Cambiogear 16 speed front chain set, new Magura HS77s, most of a Browning automatic front ring, and other weirdness)

The run of the mill stuff I can get rid of here, e.g. stuff like Swift, Peregrine, Pugsley, etc are obviously in demand.

(Although I have bought lots of bikes, as you can see, I don’t have much experience selling them 🙂 )

bruneep

30+ bikes 😯

epicyclo

Could be more 🙂

yesiamtom
    Free Member

I think you need to post pics of these crazy stuff, a 16 speed front chain set??? Pics please! And browning automatic front ring?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A browning ring? 😯

Epic-psycho 🙂

(only jokin’)

epicyclo

Cambiogear 16 speed.

(Click through to see the other photos of this.)

Don’t seem to have a photo of the Browning – probably because I never managed to get the whole works.

midlifecrashes

Can you sell it back to or through the shops that deal in the esoterica, don’t know where myself but I’d be guessing Rivendell and the like would be the places people approach for oddities.

epicyclo

midlifecrashes – Member
    Can you sell it back to or through the shops that deal in the esoterica…

I don’t know. I got this stuff when it wasn’t esoterica 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I want the bike with the big wheel on the front!

jimc101
    Free Member

HS77 should fetch decent money, for other odd parts, unless you have 2 people who get into a bidding war, can’t see the prices going too high.

Are you US based? if not, why ebay.com and not ebay.co.uk, with options for worldwide postage works as well, you may get more interst from Europe, esp Germany than the US for some bits.

TheBrick
    Free Member

bike jumbles & campyoldy for road stuff?

epicyclo

TheBrick – Member
    bike jumbles & campyoldy for road stuff?

The conventional stuff isn’t a problem. I’ll just eBay it here.

It’s the odd stuff that no-one has heard off that will be tricky.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Quandary – Alladin's cave clearance, but how?…’ is closed to new replies.