Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Pubs/restaurants and their payment policies (advice please)
  • colnagokid

If you where in a well known national chain of Pubs/Caverys with a few friends-including kids, and had spent £10 per head and been given some cold/crap food on top of that price, and it was 8pm…
    and you ordered another round of drinks (last ones kids to bed etc….)but wanted to pay with a debit card-as you had for food, but were refused, told to used cash machine (which didnt work) and then acused of theft what would you do? (When I said I would have to walk to nearest cashpoint)
    I wanted to pay, offered to pay exrra for some non existant food and stil refused.
    What would you do? (if you wouldnt be, or take kids etc dont bother responding cheers!)

sc-xc

For a start, if I had cold/crap food…I wouldn't have paid for that.

I would have drank the drinks, then told them to **** off.

colnagokid

sorry bit long winded etc, but F'ing annoyed. Needless to say no customer helpline no available, just for the holding comp. Might just have to piss on their plants! 😈

rs
    Free Member

so did you go and get cash or just leave? can't quite figure it out. Name and shame for a start!

colnagokid

Food was paid for up front, then drinks removed from table when I was out trying to find a cash point that worked. F'ed one in their pub, machine capable of taking orders in their restaurant!!!!!!!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

bizarre

cant belive they wouldn't let you pay for drinks with debit card – why not if they take card payments? You do wonder why traders make it so hard when all you want to do is pay for what you have had even if it is crap!!!!

did you complain about cold food???

as for being accused of theft well if you all left – maybe, but I assume if you did go out for cash the rest of your party would have stayed for you in the pub as that's where you were returning to pay the money you owe.

Get hold of the customer services number for that chain, maybe on a reciept and log a complaint about inconvienience and poor service and quality of food.

rant over

crap service, products really gets my back up GRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

colnagokid

rs, went and got cash to pay, told them to get the polis as they refused to take my payment-didnt see the 'funny side'!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

name and shame dude

colnagokid

valleydadddy-offered to pay etc. was refused!
    had to walk to find cashpoint which cost me £1.85!
    told them what I was doing, no one else moved!
    According to the 'lady' who accused me of theft-NO pubs,bars or restaurannts offer cash paynents or cash back!
    thats NONE whatso ever, not even the two with a mile that do

colnagokid

TOBY INNS
    Oh and its company policy-no signs tho
    No kids after 7pm, company policy-no signs
    Colnagokid dont pay cash! company policy innit!

They might tell you about the kids if they dont like you….about 7.45pm

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would have given them my name and address and told them to send me a bill. gathered everyone together and walked. Its not theft and to say it is is slander.

You are perfectly entitled to reduce what you pay if the food is poor and I would have done so.

At this point I would be making a formal complaint to the chain – as a chain it will have a complaints dept and tell them as a part of the complaint that you are going to sue for slander.

luke
    Free Member

The opening post gave it away as a Toby.
    No kids after 7pm is a new one on me, my kids like toby and ask to go ahead of mc donalds so we go a fair bit and have never been told no kids after 7pm in any of the one's we've used.
    I'm surprised they didn't take a card for a large round of drinks.

colnagokid

cheers all,keep it coming will be on their case in the morning! I normally couldnt be arsed but its 1 of my locals thay I/we spend alot of cash in!

rs
    Free Member

good rant, hard to understand completely in places 9/10

aracer
    Free Member

its 1 of my locals thay I/we spend alot of cash in!

Used to?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

As good a reason as any to avoid chain pubs/carveries as any I can think of.

Re: Cold food, I would have sent it back until they got it right.

I can't believe they wouldn't take a card for drinks though, that's just dumb in this day and age.

Keva
    Free Member

I expect their card reader was broken so therefore their problem that you couldn't pay with it. You've offered payment, they've refused – their problem. What TJ said… should've given them your name and address and told them to send the bill.

Kev

4ndyB
    Free Member

Wetherspoons will not take card payments for drinks alone, if you order food you can buy drinks on the same order at the same time though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I expect their card reader was broken so therefore their problem that you couldn't pay with it.

Any decent sized place will have either a spare card reader or a manual back-up. So yeah, their problem.

Sounds like they were just being arses to me.

WIll you be going back again? 😯

sc-xc

Orangista – Member

Wetherspoons will not take card payments for drinks alone, if you order food you can buy drinks on the same order at the same time though.

They do in all the ones round here….

4ndyB
    Free Member

Must be down to the managers discretion, the Wetherspoons local to me will only accept card payment for food or food & drink, not drinks on their own, as a friend of mine found out much to her displeasure a couple of months ago

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Bunch of arse

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Pubs/restaurants and their payment policies (advice please)’ is closed to new replies.