• This topic has 26 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jeffl.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • PSA – Superstar 25% off everything in May
  • granny_ring

code – MAYMAD25

kimbers

Cheers could do with a few bits, grips etc

slimjim78
    Free Member

Thank OP, needed a hub and skewer

bigbloke
    Free Member

4 pairs of kevlar pads supercheap

spudly1979
    Free Member

just been looking at a slider chainguide, it says £20-49, has anyone worked out the magic formula to get one for £20? Every combination i try is £49?!?

Oh, and any thoughts? Are they any good? It’s a bit of a whim, probably wouldn’t buy at full price as i don’t drop my chain that often…

Trekster

4 pairs of kevlar pads supercheap

Never used Kevlar pads any good? Need a stack for a trip to Spain

bigbloke
    Free Member

Trekster….neither have I 🙂

cp

I really rate Kevlar in my xt 785 brakes, wear quicker than sintered but work better from cold and less grabby

dantsw13

Anyone tried the Arc on Volta Evo Road Wheels? TLR & 1450g for £180.

mikekay
    Free Member

Went for a ride on my CX bike today and one of my superstar pedals just fell off their about 9 months old and done about 1100 miles, the body just came off the spindle and look unfixable as all the fixings are still in place.

onewheelgood

Looks like you fitted that with a rock

rickon
    Free Member

Looks like the threaded part of the axle has snapped off. No chance of reparing the axle, but you should be able to drift the axle end and bolt out, buy a new axle and a nylock bolt.

mikekay
    Free Member

looks can be deceiving then

survivor

Mikekay.

A friend’s did the same. They were replaced under warranty. Send them back 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

My pedals did the same, swapped them for nano x which have been great so far.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

What’a the deal with their new payment system? They don’t take paypal anymore and you just enter the details on their website, it doesn’t even take you to an external website..I still bought a rotor though, the new alpine floating ones look really cool

rickon
    Free Member

Yeah, no PayPal actually means no purchase for me. I can’t be bothered getting my card details when there are other sites that I just have a couple of clicks to compete a purchase.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Rickon,you do realise it probably took you longer to write that post than it would have to make a card payment don’t you? 😆

thorpey0
    Free Member

I bought a set of clearance road wheels from them last week, they arrived next day and were absolutely spot on for the money (they had an extra 20% off clearance wheels). Well worth a look!

easygirl

I did same re card payment!

rickon
    Free Member

Rickon,you do realise it probably took you longer to write that post than it would have to make a card payment don’t you?

I’d love to see their Google Analytics, to see how many customers got to the checkout and completed their purchase, while they accepted PayPal and now that they’ve stopped. I’d bet they lose more than it’d cost to use.

Plus, its compounded, as I’d rather go the Uberbike now for my pads, because purchasing is simpler – so I don’t even visit SSC, which means cross selling to me is impossible.

Northwind

The kevlar pads are great ime, I use them from choice not because they’re cheap. But they can wear very fast in some conditions, and you’ve got to bed them in right

(this is sort of hard to explain; normal pads, you bed in til they work, right? When you first pull the brakes they’re generally lacking in power and glassy. But the kevlars work well instantly, so it’s easy to think “I’ll not bother bedding them in” and just going and riding- and then they wear miles faster)

How many STWers are trying to find evidence of price hikes before the sale right now? 😉

timb34
    Free Member

You mean like the clearance Stans/Switch 29er wheelsets that were at £159.99 last week and are £199.99 now? 😀

Northwind

Winner!

slimjim78
    Free Member

Which Superstar pads for Guide RSC?

The reference for XO brakes on the superstar table states ‘4 Pot’ so don’t think it can be these ones.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Annoyingly they have hiked up the shipping price to Oz

jeffl

Looking on their website you can order wheels with certain axle types but can’t seem to find any option to buy additional axles to future proof them e.g. order with a QR rear axle but also buy an additional 142×12 adaptor. Am I going blind? Looking on my phone if it makes any difference?

edit: Aha using the search function on their website gives the results. £11 for a front adaptor and and £13 for a rear adaptor.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Superstar 25% off everything in May’ is closed to new replies.