Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • PSA: Planet X/On-One gear, another deal
  • Andi
    Free Member

Just ordered a large long sleeve blue and bib tights for next winters commute. Can’t complain at those prices, hopefully will fit okay.

Alejandro
    Free Member

Yeah On One sizing does seem to be ridiculously small but is not as small as it sounds. I once asked what size I should be based on their measurements and they got back to my saying XXL… WAY too big, hangs off me like a bin bag (back when they were doing their black jerseys for £15). I later visited the showroom and tried them on in person, turns out I needed a large (normally an M), so one size over should suffice. It’s recommended that you err on the smaller sizes when buying lycra anyway…

Just ordered the long and short sleve blue ones, look ace. Hopefully they won’t have mold on or anything of the sort…

tinribz
    Free Member

If it helps I wear a 42″ dress shirt but could get away with a 44 too.

Ordered the Nonnas Long Sleeve Jersey after the last PSA and it is ‘snug’ but wearable. Bit tight on the waist, but most things ar these days 🙁

Top quality kit though (compared to the Aldi and Endura stuff in the wardrobe).

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Got mine today. I am an xl so ordered xl top and bib.
    Both perfect fit and perfect condition. Superb bargain and super fast delivery to the Highlands.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Also just got my LS jersey and bibs. Both were medium, which is my usually size (6’1″, 33″ inside leg, 38″ chest), and they fit great. No dampness detected and I can’t see any cosmetic problems.

Jamie
    Free Member

38″ chest

…that bodes well for me ordering a large @ 40″ chest.

Was hoping the postie would be here before I went out, but no joy. Looks like one more road ride wearing my mtb stuff 8)

Jammy111
    Free Member

if anyone gets some bibs in medium that don’t fit, fire me an email and ill be more than happy to buy them off you.

J

mrblobby
    Free Member

Postie has just delivered my large short sleeve. 36 chest here and while it fits, I would say it’s more of an mtb fit than a road fit. I’ll probably order a couple of mediums for road use and keep the large for mtb rides. Tempted to get a long sleeve but suspect sleeves will be way too short on the medium.

simon_g

Mine arrived too – one long, one short (oh, and some orange Ourys for my Brompton!). Both in perfect shape with none of the issues they said there might be.

I’m normally somewhere between M and L, went for L and the fit is spot on.

Alejandro
    Free Member

Mine have just arrived too, one short sleeve and one long sleeve, both blue. They are the tiniest bit damp but none of the issues mentioned – no marks on the back of the neck from the tag and no mould either. Going straight in for a wash right now and should be fine. They look absolutely stunning – probably the best looking jerseys I own now, and the full length zip will be welcome on hot summer days. The zipped pocket on the rear for car keys is welcome too – more manufacturers should include that.

One odd thing about the sizing though is that the short and long sleeves differ slightly – while the short is nice and tight around the waist the long seems to hang off a bit. Seems slightly different to their older long sleeve jerseys. At this price though I’m not complaining.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Tempted to get a long sleeve but suspect sleeves will be way too short on the medium.

I’m kinda lanky and the arms on my medium seem fine, although i’ve not sat on a bike, just stretched my arms out a bit.

slugwash
    Free Member

One odd thing about the sizing though is that the short and long sleeves differ slightly – while the short is nice and tight around the waist the long seems to hang off a bit. Seems slightly different to their older long sleeve jerseys.

I’m normally somewhere between M and L, went for L and the fit is spot on.

Also just got my LS jersey and bibs. Both were medium, which is my usually size

Hmmm, I’m wondering whether these particular Planet X jerseys are not of their usual Italian slimline sizing. I’m normally a L but went for an XXL, as I have with other Planet X tops. I fear that I might be modelling a baggy comedy cycling top when the postie arrives at work on Monday 😕

Albanach
    Free Member

If anyone gets a xxl blue short sleeve that’s too big send me an email and I’ll buy it off you.

Cheers

nockmeister
    Free Member

Just got the bibs and I’m not happy. They changed the description since i ordered. The original description clearly stated padded bibs, these are not and i would not have bought them otherwise. I’ll be sending these back “no returns promotion” or not…

surfer
    Free Member

My jerseys arrived this morning.

Can’t see anything wrong with them at all. Great quality. Good fit.

(I’m normally a L and ordered XL)

Very pleased

+1

brokensoul
    Free Member

I ordered one L/S, one S/S and a bib.
    The jerseys are great, but the zip’s gone on the bibtights.
    As nockmeister says, the description has changed, I was prepared to let the lack of a pad go, but faulty goods?
    That’s a different matter.

Kuco

Mine turned up today ordered them yesterday and nothing wrong with them no marks and bone dry 🙂 I like the long sleeve top, it’s slightly thicker than the short sleeve and even though both are XL the long sleeve seems to fit better.

Junkyard
    Free Member

mine arrived bit smelly/musty but not hat bad but no marks went for medium given all the comments above but would have got away with small [snug but not quite tight] despite being some way from a 24 inch waist

mttm
    Free Member

Long and short sleeve turned up today. I normally wear a medium in everything, but upped this to a large based on the sizing chart. Quite happy with the fit – slightly on the “comfort” side of things, so I could almost certainly have gone for my usual medium for a slightly sportier fit. The slightly heavier feel of the long sleeve jersey is ace – I’m going to order up another of these (and I’ll be getting the same size as sleeve length seems spot on).

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Bib turned up today!!

XL ordered to be safe and fits perfectly, sometimes I am a large…

No damp, no musty smells

Superb!!

Thanks Mr On-one 😆

Sawyer
    Free Member

Mine arrived today.

No dampness, smells, marks anything.

Looks wicked as well.

chojin
    Free Member

Got my long sleeve blue top through this morning, looks ace IMO.
    It was a *little* damp, nothing major and the sizing was exactly as the chart said.
    I went for XL and it fits around the chest, but is a bit tight around the belly… I suspect that’s mostly my fault though – not the top! :]

mrblobby
    Free Member

Just ordered another two medium short sleeve, one blue and one yellow, and a medium long.

Expecting to go out riding tomorrow and see hundreds of them out and about!

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Thanks for the headsup, I needed some new commuting tops.

I’m 5’8″ and a 39″ chest, so gone for 2 large long sleeved, and a large short sleeved 😀

neilnevill
    Free Member

Hey you lot! stop ordering more! My sngle order/test size hasn’t arrived yet and I’ll be miffed if they are out of stock before I get a cahce to try it on and order more! 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

mttm:

Quite happy with the fit – slightly on the “comfort” side of things, so I could almost certainly have gone for my usual medium for a slightly sportier fit.

Likewise. I did actually email them and said the usual italian jersey, like the Nonnas ones, were nice and tight in Large and was advised to go for the same. Bit miffed as all the mediums are gone now, but I guess I am covered if I put any weight on 😉

Saying that, if anyone wants to get rid of a blue medium s/sleeve give me a shout.

fingers202
    Free Member

my xxl’s arrived today. Perfect and no problems with them.

I am a 44 chest and they fit just fine.

chakaping
    Free Member

Arrived today, seems to be perfectly fine.

I would usually be a medium, bought a large.

It’s a little long in the arm and a little short in the body – but within acceptable parameters for £15.

Happy with it anyway.

🙂

slugwash
    Free Member

My LS XXL in blue arrived this morning and fits fine, in a slighty baggy kind of way. No fungal colonies or hibernating amphibians nestling in the damp fabric. In fact, mine was bone dry with no dirty marks or nothing. Defintely larger sizing than the Nonna or regular Planet X jerseys though.

Also got a free cotton SS On-One T shirt for posting a piccy of my Inbred on their site. It looked like one of their LS ones that someone had taken scissors to to turn it into a short sleeve T. 😕

Guys, I’d’ve been just as happy if it’d arrived with the full length sleeves still attached 😉

Right, that’s enough cycling jerseys for me for a year or two.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Mine arrived on Saturday, bone dry, no marks, top notch jersey for £12.50! Wish I’d bought two.

I got L and I’m normally a M – fits just dandy.

Underhill
    Free Member

Got mine today also, xxl bib seems just about right, xxl ls shirt way too big. Already unloaded it & going to try down a size.
    All of it in excellent condition though, well worth a punt

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve bought 2 lrg ones… depending on how tight others like there lycra mine might be up for grabs.

mrchrispy

Blue L/S XL arrived Saturday, slightly big if I’m honest but it’ll be find over the to the other stuff so im not that fussed.

However, I would swap for a large if anone is interested!!

higgo
    Free Member

Mine arrived on Saturday.
    Got an email this morning saying it had been despatched.

Alejandro
    Free Member

On the off-chance that anyone has a Medium long-sleeve blue that is a little too small and would be willing to swap it for a large one (unmarked, unridden of course), my email is in my profile.

Harry_the_Spider

Got mine yesterday. 2 x short sleeved shirts + 1 x tights. All in perfect condition.

Ordered 2 x long sleeved shirts this morning. Silly not to. 😀

My sizing all fits perfectly.

5’11 tall = Large tights

42″ chest, 34″ waist = XL shirts

ChrisS
    Free Member

Well my xxl tights turned up yesterday and they seem to fit ok despite only being 6’1. Ordered some XLs for comparison which turned up today…. will try them later and flog the size that fits least well.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

really? 38″ Chest is large??

I mean when did you see someone with a 38 inch chest and think… Oooh that’s a big fella!

Conqueror
    Free Member

Just got mine .. great deal happy with fit and can’t see a single mark atm

Junkyard
    Free Member

I mean when did you see someone with a 38 inch chest and think… Oooh that’s a big fella!

never but I have thought it of a fair few ladies

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Planet X/On-One gear, another deal’ is closed to new replies.