Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • PSA – Pen fans
  • bearnecessities

You will not find a better bargain than this! I’ve had a few ‘nice’ pens over the years, but the Sonnet has always been one of my favorites.

It’s beautifully weighted, a classic construction and with a beautiful 23ct plating, look gorgeous.

This price is absolutely stupid; I do not know why they are selling it at a discount as it’s such a popular pen, but I bought 2 a few days ago and they’re just fine. One as a gift, one for me 🙂

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291538649551

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ballpoint?

Ahhh’m oot.

(Does look rather nice, though!)

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Ooh, I love a nice pen…

Last silver one sold, to me! 😀

bearnecessities

But it is cheaper in silver

A great chap as you are Matt, that just proves you’ve not owned either 🙂

The Sonnet, in black, is a gorgeous pen.

chewkw
    Free Member

Fisher AG7 space pen for me as I bought them (x2) at half price few months ago … 😀

Wish they were stainless steel as they are made of brass and easily get dented.

matt_outandabout

A great chap as you are Matt, that just proves you’ve not owned either

My writing implements say HB or Bic on them in general. 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My daily writer is oneof these

(Whisper it quietly, but I have the matching ballpoint as well!)

clairestephens
    Free Member

We always used to have a few of these in our household…

addressed to Mr Ivor Biggun, I.P. Freely etc 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Classic Parker fountain here when I CBA, too messy (in my hands) for the office.

How does yours perform on those postits CFH? Is there a real-ink-ready version?

JAG

I have a Black and Gold Parker Sonnet Fountain pen and I’ve had it for 18 years. It’s a brilliant pen 😀

I’ve just bought one of these;

It’s real Carbon-Fibre and machined Aluminium with a Stainless Steel nib. I got an ink-expander so I can use bottled Ink. So far it writes nicely with no issues. Amazingly light in your hand.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I quite like a heavy pen myself.

ourmaninthenorth

[pen geek warning]

Nice Tombow JAG.

I’ve fancied one for a while but then headed along the Lamy 2000 route (it’s the 50th anniversary this year, so looking forward to a special edition).

[/pen geek warning]

ThePinkster

That’s nice, JAG, what is it?

ourmaninthenorth

@ The Pinkster It’s a Tombow Zoom 101

jimbobo
    Free Member

Parker Flighter 45 GT all the way. I have a spare in the garden somewhere that my eldest took outside to play with and immediately lost. Fortunately brushed aluminium and gold plate means when I find it, it should be ok!

colournoise

Not a fan of Parkers personally. Got too many fountain pens (and pens of all sorts TBH) really, but my current favourites are…

(not my photos)

New favourite fountain pen in my collection is one of these…

JAG

It’s a Tombow Zoom 101 Carbon-Fibre Fountain pen.

@cynic-al; your not the first person to say that and I had my reservations (it’s only 17g even with the ink expander) but I’ve been using it everyday for two weeks now and it feels very nice. It’s about the same weight as a biro!

@ourmaninthenorth; I bought it from Cult Pens 8)

@colournoise; nice collection – I only have the two at the moment 8)

njee20
    Free Member

+1 for heavy pens feeling better.

I’ve got one of these, which is lovely:

Would very much like a Mont Blanc Starwalker Carbon though:

CHB

Lamy 2000 EF Macrolon here for my daily writer. Best fountain pen I have ever owned.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Zebra f701… All the pen you’ll ever need.

mefty
    Free Member

Ah a Cross Townsend they used to sell those cheap on Virgin Atlantic.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Sheaffer No Nonsense. Cheap n cheerful. Been using the same cartridge for about 20 years.

mogrim

I’ve got one of these beauties sitting on my desk, the left-handed version to confuse any cack-handed righties that try to steal my pen:

JonW
    Free Member

Nice pen CFH; I have one just like it with a stub nib but my daily writer is one of these with an nice sharp italic.

DrJ

Ooh, JonW – nice – but with a broad nib for assertive notes !! 🙂

ElShalimo

Damn these pen threads.
    🙂
    I bought a Schneider iD fountain pen last year after one of these threads. It’s been very good for my regular office pen but now I find myself seeking an alternative.
    😥 😉

finbar
    Free Member

Got all excited when I saw the thread title but I’ve tried a Sonnet and I find it a bit too narrow for me.

grahamt1980

Currently going through a testing stage with pens. I have to use a ball pen at work as it is hard to remove.
    Tried a lamy safari ( but don’t really like the grip shape) the fischer space pen feels really good but a bit thin. Same as with a normal Parker.
    Have just ordered a Parker urban premium as it is a bit fatter. Guess i will see what else works if i don’t like that one.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

This is pretty STW as STW threads go

j4mie
    Free Member

I just don’t get on with fountain pens, too awkward for me and asking for trouble with a white desk at work!!

I am on the lookout for a good quality ball point pen, ideally for co-driving as I find that most pens I’ve used stop working at crucial moments…. and up until reading this thought that the Parker I bought in Sainsbury’s for £10 was on the expensive side 😳

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Italix Churchman’s Prescriptor and a thing of beauty it is, to hold and to write with, especially with ink from Diamine Inks

JAG

When I joined my Secondary school at age 11 (1978!) they insisted that we all use a fountain pen. It made my handwriting so much slower that it automatically became easier to form the letters and spell properly.

I’ve had one ever since and always enjoy writing 🙂

Bedds
    Free Member

oo.. I write really small and currently work with a space pen but I love the look of that Tombow 😕

ourmaninthenorth

This is pretty STW as STW threads go

You reckon? Here is a man who I think would fit in really well around here:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtTwVw9Szmo[/video]

CaptJon
    Free Member

For everyday use, i’ve not found anything better than this:

ElShalimo

With his devotion to pens, collection of faux samurai swords, Tyrolean souvenir hat and expensive looking optics he’d fit right in on here!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Pen fans’ is closed to new replies.