Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PSA – Panaracer puncture resistant tyres almost half price
  • Gachet
    Free Member

All £19.99 each with free postage from Evans:

Rampage 2.1 and 2.35, Cinder 2.1 and 2.25 and Razer 2.1 and 2.3 are all available:

I’m running the Rampage 2.35s on my 6″ travel bike and am impressed by how fast they roll and the dry grip.

For some reason I can’t post the direct link, but if you go to:

http://www.evanscycles.com/

and search for ‘Panaracer PR’ you’ll find them.

willard

What makes them more puncture resistant than the normal panaracers then?

I only ask because I tend to run Fire XC Pros on both my bike and my wife’s but they just seem to attract thorns, large thistles and all manner of sharp things. I swear, the last inner tube I had was mostly repair when my bike got knicked.

Anyway, would be tempted by something a little tougher for my trip north in August.

Gachet
    Free Member

Willard,

I think they’ve got a kevlar belt under the tread to help resist punctures, the carcase of the tyre certainly seems very stiff. The Rampage 2.35 are about 700g each so light for the size and look considerably tougher than the heaver tyres I took off.

TBH I’ve run 2.1″ folding Fire XC pros in the past and haven’t had many issues with punturse but I had loads of problems with thorn punctures on the WTB Prowlers that came on my Rocky Mountain. I wanted some 2.3″ or wider tyres, so I thought I’d give them a go and haven’t had any issues in the ten or so rides they’ve been on the bike. I paid £30 each a couple of months ago, but bought another two on this offer for when those wear out.

ampthill

I was going to buy some in the shop tomorrow

hope this doesn’t mean that they’ve all gone

Marmoset
    Free Member

Thanks for that, bargains acquired! 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Panaracer puncture resistant tyres almost half price’ is closed to new replies.