Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA: Mobius hd 1080p action camera – if you're searching?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Folks,

I am not the salesman for this product but rather I want one for myself.

Okay, I was searching for a car dash cam to prevent zombie maggots claim just in case, so came across this one called Mobius hd 1080p action camera.

The price is between £47 – £67 depending on where you buy it from.

The picture quality is superb and if not better than many of the top end product. The function is simple but most importantly the picture/video quality is very good. Not waterproof though. The software is good but rather simplistic without the map or speed meter thingy.

I am getting one or two when I travel to the Far East.

Check out Youtube for the review …

Teachmoan

Mobius vs GOPRO White 1920X1080 test

Mobius vs. GOPRO (White) night test

Mobius action camera review plus hours of sample footage

More details here

Forget GoPro or Sony Action cam … here come Mobius … 😆

wrightyson
    Free Member

Well at least I bought a cheap light and not both expensive light and action cam 🙄

chewkw
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member

Well at least I bought a cheap light and not both expensive light and action cam

What cheap light are you referring to?

Link & pic please.

:mrgreen:

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh if only I had one I could have filmed myself typing this!

samuri
    Free Member

does the mobius go tktktktkttktktktktktktktktkttktkktktkt when you’re riding along.

Because if it doesn’t, I’m not interested.

peterfile
    Free Member

that looks quite good actually. There’s only been a few occasions when i’ve wished I had a cam, so GoPro has never appealed due to the cost.

When are you in the far east chewkw? Fancy doing a job lot? 🙂

AlexSimon

I was expecting to be underwhelmed, but that looks great!

chewkw
    Free Member

MrNutt – Member

oh if only I had one I could have filmed myself typing this!

I suggest you use it for POV boom boom for some excitement and later review your performance together. I would … :mrgreen:

samuri – Member

does the mobius go tktktktkttktktktktktktktktkttktkktktkt when you’re riding along.

Because if it doesn’t, I’m not interested.

You should get one with your DH skills. Really!

peterfile – Member
    When are you in the far east chewkw? Fancy doing a job lot?

I am not sure the place I am visiting got them as I have no time to shop around … 🙁 But I will try to see if there is any.

Try Amazon UK as I think you can get it for about £47 including vat and postage.

AlexSimon – Member

I was expecting to be underwhelmed, but that looks great!

Yes, same here. For that price and if the manufacturer can maintain the good quality they will have a killer product that will blow the rest of the expensive stuff away. Simple and effective. 🙂

AlexSimon

This vimeo vid mentioned the Mobius, but not sure it’s only that.
    Shows motion better then my v1 GoPro anyway.

http://vimeo.com/76409013
    (pretty talented flyer)

Found quite a few places selling it for £4x – unbelievable!

AlexSimon

Yes, same here. For that price and if the manufacturer can maintain the good quality they will have a killer product that will blow the rest of the expensive stuff away. Simple and effective.

GoPro are the marketing kings though. Like Red Bull, there will always be cheaper versions, but many will just buy the GoPro anyway, because they’ve heard of it.

chewkw
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member

GoPro are the marketing kings though. Like Red Bull, there will always be cheaper versions, but many will just buy the GoPro anyway, because they’ve heard of it.

Agree that they are marketing kings perhaps that’s one reason why they are so expensive. With their glossy marketing stuff. I am not buying their marketing campaign as I know the technology is already here to be accessible to all. i.e. reasonably cheap.

rockhopper70

Looks good but i wonder if this might be tricky to mount due to the orientation and there is no case so it isn’t weatherproof.

chewkw
    Free Member

rockhopper70 – Member

Looks good but i wonder if this might be tricky to mount due to the orientation and there is no case so it isn’t weatherproof.

It seems to have many different mounting solutions so you just need to find one that suits you but no waterproof casing yet.

I am going to use it as car dash cam so waterproof is not important to me at the moment. I bet if someone gives feedback to the company they might come up with something. Teachmoan gave the company the feedback so he gets what he wants. The more feedback the more improvements I guess.

Found some (3) for £47.96 incl postage from Amazon UK.

Amazon UK link.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

How easy would it be to attach a wide angle lens to one of these?

chewkw
    Free Member

hypnotoad – Member

How easy would it be to attach a wide angle lens to one of these?

No idea but you can always try wide angle lens for mobile phone to see if it works.

Something like this …

Wide angle lens for mobile phone

AlexSimon

I’ll read more tomorrow, but this video seems to suggest you can get a standard or wide angle lens from new:
    http://vimeo.com/77717096

chewkw
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member

I’ll read more tomorrow, but this video seems to suggest you can get a standard or wide angle lens from new:
    http://vimeo.com/77717096

That’s good if they can have interchangeable lens on the go including macro lens.

This looks good but could do with higher resolution setting.

Wide angle looks good.

Comparison of wide angle lens

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Yep the wide angle looks like it would be good, it seems you can also get handlebar and helmet mounts for these also.

I’m pretty tempted, however I’ve seen another model which costs a little extra, and comes with a gopro type waterproof case, so I’m thinking about getting that one instead. I’m amazed at how good the picture quality is form these little things, especially in low light.

spicer
    Free Member

From a few video’s it looks like it struggles going from light to dark and vice versa… can anyone comment on this?

chewkw
    Free Member

hypnotoad – Member

Yep the wide angle looks like it would be good, it seems you can also get handlebar and helmet mounts for these also.

I’m pretty tempted, however I’ve seen another model which costs a little extra, and comes with a gopro type waterproof case, so I’m thinking about getting that one instead. I’m amazed at how good the picture quality is form these little things, especially in low light.

Price wise I think it can go down a bit more say at around £40 incl VAT but it is not so bad at the moment for not going beyond £60 incl VAT and postage, if you know where to buy.

They are coming up with a waterproof case soon so just have to wait. Not sure I would have waterproof case but could be good to track crocodiles in the river using a remote control submarine. 😆

I would go for the wide angle because I see more. Not much distortion by the look of things. Yes, I am going to get one when I go to the far east next week. Hope I can find it there.

spicer – Member

From a few video’s it looks like it struggles going from light to dark and vice versa… can anyone comment on this?

I think you have to play with the setting for the resolution in the software. I have just been watching some of the Youtube clips with the guy in Norway traveling from bright light then into the tunnel but it’s fine. I guess you just have keep trying on different resolutions until you find the one you like.

🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Mobius hd 1080p action camera – if you're searching?’ is closed to new replies.