Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PSA: I good tip guide to signs of Prostate problems
  • project
    Free Member

Thanks Hora for posting that up, Prostate cancer is a big killer in men, women dont have a prostate.

Alo sthe prostate cancer charity,sponsored part of the Tour of Britain cycle race.

If in doubt get checked out,its embarassing, its invasive, but it can get you treatment.

Finally my dad died from Prostate cancer…………

hora
    Free Member

Lets keep bumping this up for a bit 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

bumpo.
    My old man has prostate cancer – its slow and they know about it, he goes for tests every so often and he reckons he will die of old age before it gets him (he’s 72). But it was only because they caught it early and manage it, otherwise it might have killed him already.

loddrik
    Free Member

I told them not to use that bloody picture of me though…

hora
    Free Member

Yes, especially when I was kneeling down infront of you tying my shoes laces.

sv

PSA in the tittle intentional?!!

Prostate Specific Antigen

hora
    Free Member

Blimey, coincidence or what.

rickee
    Free Member

I thought i would add my experiences to dispell a few miths, most men will die with prostate cancer not of it, about 20% of men in there 60ies will have it, prostate cancer will in itself not kill you it is when it migrates to other areas that it becomes a problem and that is where early detection and monitoring is important, some expert opinion is that it is better not to know as the knowledge is difficult to live with, i have the cancer and i am just 60, it is none aggressive and at an early stage so i just have it monitored with a PSA test every 3 month and a biopsy every 12, the only trouble with the PSA test is that cycling can give a false high reading so it can cause a bit of a panic, it does not effect my daily life and i ams still fit – doing the 3 peaks cyclocross on Sunday – It did take a bit of time to get my head round it at first but there are some good support groups. Finally if you are diagnosed dont rush into any treatment because none of it is very pleasent and possibly life changing

bedmaker

and here’s a related one 🙂 Freak out at 30s….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGgByLLQwSw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Finally if you are diagnosed dont rush into any treatment because none of it is very pleasent and possibly life changing

Yes, I did look up one of the options, and even the missus cringed when she realised which hole they went in via to pull bits of the protate out of…..

greyman
    Free Member

Nah, that’s the camera ..

Biopsy through the back door.

hora
    Free Member

I read that as cameraman through the backdoor 😐

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PSA: I good tip guide to signs of Prostate problems’ is closed to new replies.