Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PSA: cheap crankbrother rebuild kits
  • wenanwhere
    Free Member

Found an american chap on ebay who does rebuild kits for crank brothers pedals cheap as they exclude the stuff you can just reuse from your existing pedals (end cap, washers etc). Delivery was pretty quick and for less than a tenner you can sort out 2 sets of pedals, bargain. Just rebuilt 6 pedals in total that I had sat around, all sorted now after a good clean, new bushing and bearing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crank-Brothers-rebuild-kit-Candy-Mallet-EggBeater-2-Pairs-01-09-/330666927415?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cfd48e537

daveaasmith
    Free Member

Superb! That someone is finally doing this.

Boo Hiss! That I’ve just bought a kit from CRC

Superb! For the tip that “……a 7/16 inch drill bit makes a simple bushing extractor. By manually twisting the drill into the bushing you can then easily pull it out like a cork”

alpin
    Free Member

or buy pedals from other manufacturers that aren’t made of cheese.

kimbers

thats ace just fallen back in love with my mallets, but i had to rebuild them using old bushings i had from previous rebuilds!!?

so ill be needing some more 🙂

PaulD
    Free Member

Thank you….just what I need for stock.

Paypal charged me £9.31 at $1.534

Seen the top tip about the drill bit to remove the old bush somewhere awhile ago and posted it up on here…think it is well known in the US.

PaulD

ajantom

Great service form this guy, had the kits a couple of times, and they arrive very quickly.
    I have sourced the bearings from a bearing supplier before, but not sure where one would get the bushings from?
    Maybe BETD need to get on the case?

wenanwhere
    Free Member

I had a bit of a problem with some old candys that had a metal bush and wouldnt knock out very easily, eventually a mate sorted me out with one of those drill bits that extract rounded screws, did the job. For the others mine were all so worn out that they bushing just fell out. I did notice that the bearing looked different to the CB ones, maybe less sealed so shorter life?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PSA: cheap crankbrother rebuild kits’ is closed to new replies.