Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA Aldi portable compressor
  • Tracey

I have had one of these for a while now and it has blown up and popped on loads of tyres as well as the air wand that blows water and dust out of the nooks and crannies on the bike. Worth a buy for the sale price and free delivery

https://www.aldi.co.uk/portable-compressor/p/093207024000600

zippykona

Does that have a 3 pin plug or a car socket? Couldn’t see in the spec.

Tracey

Three pin socket.

prawny

Interesting.

Is it mains powered? Has it coped with all tubeless tyres? Does it have a reservoir?

I tried one of their other potable compressors and it was no good but wondering if this would do the job.

Tracey

Yes its mains powered. Its coped with every one of our tyres first time and also a load of friends tyres. I think it has a small built in reservoir. If you want to spray a car it wont work but if you want to use it for tubeless tyres it works a treat. Pops our big tyres on in seconds.

sandwicheater

Does it have a presta adamptor? looks good

maccruiskeen

I had a similar-ish machine for a while (probably the same machine in a different shaped case). Useful if noisy for continuous use as theres no reservoir – but does give a decent amount of blow and pressure – fine running air nailers for instance

Its achilies heal in the end was the air line is permenatly attached and after a while the hose rotted /degraded and burst – easy to patch initially but soon is was just rotten all over.

honourablegeorge

I have a similar one for a couple of years now (Lidl green instead of Aldi blue)

It’s a bit weedy compared to a “proper” compressor, but it does the job. It doesn’t drive that much air so really difficult combinations will need a bit of fiddling an ulling to get them to seat, but 95% of the time it works just fine and it’s been a really handy thing to have in the shed

honourablegeorge

maccruiskeen – Member

Useful if noisy

Oh man – the noise – how did I forget to mention the noise…bloody hell… there’s no toppig up a tyre when sneaking out in the morning while everyone’s asleep

benp1

Is this an electric pump or an air compressor?

(i.e. does it just pump air or does it store air too, the latter being more useful for tubeless)

tomd
    Free Member

I’ve had one for a few years. It inflates tubeless tyres in seconds to 40psi.

It is a bit noisy others have said, but otherwise good. The gauge is actually spot on on mine so good for car tyres.

maccruiskeen

Is this an electric pump or an air compressor?

(i.e. does it just pump air or does it store air too, the latter being more useful for tubeless)

It a compressor in the true sense that the air it delivers is compressed / pressurised. It doesn’t have a receiver to store compressed air. In the place of a receiver it has a bypass / valve so any compressed air that isn’t being devliered escapes rather than fills a receiver.

In practice it really uses the hose as a very long, thin receiver and a bypass rather than a pressure switch.

Tracey

Mine came with both valve adaptors.

Its cheap, its not that noisy, the main thing is it does a fine job of seating and blowing up tubeless tyres.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

But will it inflate tubeless fattie tyres?

z1ppy

Lidl also have their’s in stock, along with numerous air tools

benp1

It a compressor in the true sense that the air it delivers is compressed / pressurised. It doesn’t have a receiver to store compressed air. In the place of a receiver it has a bypass / valve so any compressed air that isn’t being devliered escapes rather than fills a receiver.

In practice it really uses the hose as a very long, thin receiver and a bypass rather than a pressure switch.

Thanks. So on that basis it’ll be very difficult for it to deliver a ‘whack’ of air in one go, more like inflate quicker than a track pump

granny_ring

Nice one Tracey cheers, just ordered one.

funkybaj
    Free Member

Can you set a desired pressure and it inflates to that and then stops, like at a garage?

One of the comments suggested not. I’d imagine it would be difficult to set accurate pressures if not!?

neiloxford
    Free Member

Thank you

otsdr
    Free Member

I’d imagine it would be difficult to set accurate pressures if not!?

The pistol has an air release button, you can overinflate a bit and then get to the desired pressure using that.

househusband

Nice one, Tracy – worth a punt for only £25!

Tracey

Update to give some idea of times. Fitted a new Specialized Butcher Control 2.3 29r tyre this morning onto a Roval rim. From starting pumping to it popping on the rim at 55 psi was 14 seconds.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA Aldi portable compressor’ is closed to new replies.