Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Procrastinating
  • benjii19
    Free Member

Something I often think about is “how do you know what you want to do?” I’ve always procrastinated about what I have fancied doing, and never seem to come to any kind of conclusion. This hasn’t been helped by the fact I have suffered with BDD for a few years which has taken me to some horrible lows. Luckily I think I deal better with the BDD these days, but since suffering with this I have found myself over analysing thoughts on a daily basis.

I’ve tried a few things in the past but never had much confidence in my abilities, and spent too much time thinking about how to do said things. It’s almost like I want to be skilled in something but struggle with the idea of concentrating on doing said thing rather than just procrastinating. My mind basically wanders and if I get a bout of BDD this can dramatically affect my concentration.

I am, I think bored at work. I try to keep busy but find it difficult when I am not encouraged to develop ideas which I believe would benefit the workplace. The whole culture seems to be of laziness and I believe this is rubbing off on me.

Errr rambling…sorry….

The answer is stop thinking I guess, start doing…..but what?…..

And stop putting myself down…but how when people don’t seem to have confidence in me….

Not very singletrack I know. On a different note went out on the mtb last night and got well muddy. Fuuuun!!!

stevio

i might answer this tomorrow…. maybe

Bregante

I’ve been meaning to post something along these lines for ages but…….

stevio

seriously some times you just need to do “x” that you’ve been putting off. it’s very easy for a mental block about particular issues to pop up, and for want of better way to put it i can easily awfulise stuff. When i do make that call, or deal with the file it’s a real relief to at least partially clear my desk, or stop my s/o from going on.

good luck – assertiveness is part of the issue too for me…. i find it too easy to defer to other people when i often have equally valid viewpoints….

benjii19
    Free Member

i might answer this tomorrow…. maybe

I may lay awake all night wondering if you will, or If you won’t. On the flip side you may not necessarily worry but you may think about posting as oppose to not posting. If you don’t I may worry that you have been snatched by some troll or such like……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Procrastinating’ is closed to new replies.