Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Problems downloading ride data from Garmin Edge 705 to TC and Garmin Connect…
  • roadiesean
    Free Member

I have an Edge 705 that all of a sudden won’t download the rides that I have done to either the Training Centre or to the Garmin Connect. It worked perfectly up until a few months ago and now nothing transfers over……very frustrating !!

Any clues as to what to do ???

Thanks
    Sean

wwaswas

is the device recognised by your pc (ie. does the garmin software start automagically)?

roadiesean
    Free Member

yep it does, goes through all the rigmarole and looks like it has worked but then nothing goes into the TC, same with Garmin connect.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Are the rides being saved to the history properly?

roadiesean
    Free Member

Nope, thats the problem.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Is there enough spare memory so the device can save them?

roadiesean
    Free Member

I give in ? How do I find that out ?????? I connect it everytime I ride, until the 10th May it worked perfectly, but I looked through the history last night and nothing has downloaded since then. As I say, it looks like its working perfectly, it does the whole “downloading information from the handheld” and then you get the line on the screen thing saying 4 minutes to go and then basically nothing seems to happen. It is exactly the same on garmin connect.

djglover
    Free Member

connect the device and look at properties on explorer, if there is something like 100kb left then there isn’t enough. I did a reformat of my forerunner 110 last week, got the default files from garmin support and works perfectly now.

You have called garmin support right?

uplink
    Free Member

If you go

Menu > Where to > Saved Rides

are the rides there?

njee20
    Free Member

Can you do a manual upload from file, rather than automatic download from the device?

roadiesean
    Free Member

All the rides are saved in the History but not in Saved Rides, I thought that Saved Rides was just for the files that you download about sportives or the like…..

Will try the manual upload.

roadiesean
    Free Member

Tried manual upload, says there is an error uploading from the file.

roadiesean
    Free Member

dgjlover it looks like thats the problem, 335Mb available, 336Mb on disk…..

I’ll try garmin support.

Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Problems downloading ride data from Garmin Edge 705 to TC and Garmin Connect…’ is closed to new replies.