Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Price of tubes!!!!!
  • tobysdad
    Free Member

£5.50 for one tube from LBS!!!!! Sweet lord, what’s going on with the world and the price of rubber.
    To be fair they offered 3 for £12 but you get my point

goldenwonder
    Free Member

About the going rate in most shop.
    The one I worked in they were £4.95 for decent quality ones, or £3.95 for bulk unboxed ones.

MrTall
    Free Member

Befriend the LBS – mine give me 3 tubes for £10, either Bonty or Schwalbe.

RealMan
    Free Member

Get them off the internet, or convert to tubeless. I haven’t had to buy a mtb tube in years.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

You should see what the trade price is!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I paid £6 (or might have been £7!) for one in my LBS, apparently 29er Tubes are more expensive as they need more rubber.

I suspect the difference in trade prices isn’t that great over their 3 for £12 tubes form the same brand that they couldn’t be the same price on the shop floor (or in the same offer) and it’s more a “29er tax” on the basis that most niches imply more money than sense.

PaulD
    Free Member

Decathlon £4 for 2x MTB or 700c tubes.

Cheap, maybe a bit heavy (MTB = 180g) but they do work and you get a guarantee.

PaulD

RustyMac

3 for £12 i’d have bitten there hand off for that!

Noticed these tubes at merlin the other day

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/tyres-tubes/tyres-tubes-mtb/tubes-rim-tapes-mtb/schwalbe-sv-av13-26-x-15-25-tube.html

never used schwalbe tubes before but price seems really good.

tinas, merlin don’t do 29er tax! same price as 26″

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/tyres-tubes/tyres-tubes-mtb/tubes-rim-tapes-mtb/schwalbe-sv19-29er-19-235-presta-tube.html

mboy
    Free Member

Not that I need em (been tubeless for years) but my local ASDA sells Bell branded inner tubes for £1.79…

RustyMac

Thoes ASDA ones are terrible, a guy at work got some thinking he had got the bargin of a lifetime, 3 punctures in 4 days with them made him rethink!

tobysdad
    Free Member

I bought a load of schrader tubes in bulk at a good price about a year ago and suffered no punctures for about 10 months, then got a new bike which appears to only fit presta valves and got a puncture on the second ride. Hence my grumpy old man rant.

Maybe it’s time for tubeless

organic355
    Free Member

what about the on one Nutrak deal?, they are £1.99 each.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I bought a load of schrader tubes in bulk at a good price about a year ago and suffered no punctures for about 10 months, then got a new bike which appears to only fit presta valves and got a puncture on the second ride. Hence my grumpy old man rant.
    Maybe it’s time for tubeless

Nahh. Just time to drill the rim out. I’ve been doing it since about 1994.

Tesco inner tubes at about £1.65. FTW!!

philfive
    Free Member

i buy those airwave ones in bulk from CRC, there great 😀

alexpalacefan

How are you guys using so many tubes.

You do know they can be repaired, right?

APF

simondbarnes

I suspect the difference in trade prices isn’t that great over their 3 for £12 tubes form the same brand that they couldn’t be the same price on the shop floor (or in the same offer) and it’s more a “29er tax” on the basis that most niches imply more money than sense.

29er tubes cost us twice what we pay for 26″ tubes.

qwerty
    Free Member

I got asked for £8 for one 29er tube the other day, even the guy who scanned it was shocked and charged me “only” £5 in the end!!!

eyerideit
    Free Member

+1 for the airwave from CRC, have both 26 and 700c.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Just be glad you don’t need ultra light 700c tubes with 80mm valves. How does £12.99 sound?

doodlebug
    Free Member

Cant quite believe we are still talking about tubes in 2012 !!

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

+1 for the airwave from CRC, never had a puncture with them

stanfree
    Free Member

I always buy the Asda bell ones and rarely puncture, must be just the way I flow….

shortcut

I buy Conti ones off eBay – 3 for about £12 29er tubes.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Price of tubes!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.