Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pressure Washers – Karcher vs Nilfisk
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Having sold Karcher for 8 years and seen about 1 in 10 come back faulty (genuinely) I’m not keen on getting a karcher pressure washer. I’ve no experience of Nilfisk. Are they better/more reliable?

RustySpanner

Yes.
    Nilfisk 1, Karcher 0 for me.

Recommendation from here, funnily enough.

Drac

I have both and Karcher is far superior.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kbrembo
    Free Member

Low end = Similar
    Mid/High end Nilfisk would get my vote but Kranzle trumps them both

spooky_b329

Happy with Nilfisk here.

They also sent me a new upgraded patio cleaner head after the original one broke (Probably as I was using it when it was about 5 degrees and the plastic was brittle and broke when any small stones got caught in it…but still…excellent service!)

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

@Drac – why superior?

Drac

Better build quality, better pressure, easier to use yeah I know that doesn’t sound right. My Karacher is a low end model but it’s still better.

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve had Nilfisk for years including using it heavily for valeting and detailing.

The thing to look for is decent metal pump construction and the best flow rate you can get. Nilfisk used to have all their pumps as metal but Karcher were only the top end ones.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I’m looking at the low end. Just need to turn my patio from green to beige. Looks like it’s 2-1 Nilfisk. Anyone else?

bear-uk
    Free Member

Nilfisk for me. They are well known in the industrial sector for quality and reliability and that filters down to there domestic products.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I had a Karcher but would never have another. It was a low end model but it didn’t get much use over the 2 years it took to start leaking water everywhere due to a cracked plastic outlet pipe.
    Been using a Bosch since & It’s been fine.

twonks

Many years ago I used to sell / service KEW washers which is now Nilfisk.

Very rarely had one fail due to warranty issues as they al had metal pump units that coped with pressure and stop / start very well.

Others used plastic / ceramic and failed relatively often.

Not sure if it is still the same, but I have a Nilfisk and it has never put a foot wrong.

bearnecessities

Happy Nilfisk owner for 4 years here (£100 screwfix offer job) that’s had a reasonable about of abuse.

Don’t bother with the patio cleaner attachment, unless it’s to remove a light layer of dust or some aggressive ants.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Nilfisk it is.
    And don’t get me started on ants… 1 man war against them for the last 3 years

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pressure Washers – Karcher vs Nilfisk’ is closed to new replies.