Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Presentation on MTBing to lads – short video required
  • johni
    Free Member

For my sins, I have been volunteered to do a small presentation on mountain biking to a group of teenage lads (13-15 yrs old). They all seem to be under the impression that all mountain biking is about riding a Tesco special in the rain.

I’m looking for a short video which might change their minds. I thought about something from one of the usual DVDs but they are too long. Anyone got any suggestions as to a clip I can use? I won’t have an internet connection so YouTube etc are out.

Thanks in advance
    John

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Just show them a bit of Peaty out of one of the Collective DVDs.

Any short bit from one of those vids will be good.

I watched them, and am now a Freeriding God.

johni
    Free Member

I was thinking more of Gracia for the cheeky chappy element

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RudeBoy
    Free Member

I dunno, but seriously, I found the newest Collective DVD, Seasons, to be quite inspiring. Really makes you want to get out and ride your bike.

switchbacks
    Free Member

Well I quite like this one:)
    http://www.victorlucas.com
    Vid is called Winter in Spain

It is made by the guy who took those insane pictures of Peaty and Hans Rey on the Cliffs of Moher.
    Mind you might want to fast forward the bit of me talking….

good luck

grumm
    Free Member

Agreed on Seasons. Also if you really want to impress them get hold of some of the videos from the last Red Bull Rampage.

johni
    Free Member

Ah yes, I’d forgotten about the Rampage.

Switchbacks – nice video, with some editting I can use the riding footage. Thanks for that! :o)

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Either the Whistler or Steve Peat (Sun Valley) sections of Roam should suffice

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

How about keeping it a bit more ‘real’ and using some UK footage, ie of places that there is a chance they might go to? How about downloading some Youtube clips to replay? To replay, download a copy of VLC (it’s free)

5thElefant
    Free Member

The mountain mayhem dvd they gave out at the race a few years back was good.

Surfr
    Free Member

Bugger Me. I’d not heard about the Rampage before. Just been on the site checking out all the vids!

😯 😯 8)

mccett
    Free Member

When its a crappy day outside…like today… and i need to get motivated… watch this. 6 minutes, shows all sides of ‘our sport’

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The rampage isn’t really riding bikes though is it?

Its really just falling off cliffs on bikes. kinda.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

clay porter stuff is good for clips, hypnosis f1rst and synopsis i think were the titles, all good, and its raceign so no silly cliffs. Just show them Sam hill cornering!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Definitely needs to be UK footage, and you have your work cut out anyway, teenagers are a nightmare to work with and motivate. And to be honest it generally is about riding a bike in the rain 🙂 If you dont mind footage being non-uk, use some of peter fagerlins stuff – its impressive in both photographic and biking worlds:
    http://www.petefagerlin.com/

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Defo got to be the Peaty clip from Seasons! – love it!

And he’s as british as Yorkshire Puddings!

MinishMan
    Free Member

That Monday movie is really good! A bit too much trials and tricks stuff for me – not enough of the "proper" mountain biking, but really well shot and edited.

Personally I prefer ROAM to Seasons, there seems to be more riding, less chatting.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Damn that Monday one inspires me again. I’ll build up a new rear wheel for the trials bike tonight. Just need another set of HS33’s now.

bigsi
    Free Member

Having seen switchbacks vid i want to Winter in Spain 🙁

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

johni, i might be able to help you with this. drop me a line.

alexxx
    Free Member

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/10541/

I Shot that in Wales, its only 2 minutes but it shows a normal dher and a guy who rides with the use of 1 arm… might be worth showing as its a bit different.

enfht
    Free Member

Epping DH

This should keep the little "bleeders" occupied

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Presentation on MTBing to lads – short video required’ is closed to new replies.