Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Post Ride Meal – Whats yours?
  • allmountainventure
    Free Member

The thread on chill has got me thinking about food.

What’s you favorite post ride meal? (not including energy gels, powders or any other space food)

Mines a home made lamb burger, potato wedges and salad.

hh45
    Free Member

milk in the car park,

then a pastie or similiar driving home, often with hula hoops to follow

then lots of beer when home and washed, bike cleaned etc.

donsimon
    Free Member

At the weekend it’s usually day after, cold homemade pizza.

steve_b77
    Free Member

What ever I can lay my hands on within 30 minutes of packing the car up on a trip 😆

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Anything I can find, I’ve noticed that I’m also very hungry for several days after riding (even if I haven’t been riding *that* hard), currently trying to resist temptation to eat more otherwise I’m going to get fat!

Lifer
    Free Member

Bacon and boursin sarnie, glory.

yossarian
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to eat good stuff after riding recently. Last couple of rides have been followed by a mix of puy lentils, baby spinach leaves, spring onions, quinoa and sugar snap peas all covered in a good slug of well seasoned olive oil and a pint or two of water.

Seems to do the trick although I got very emotional when somebody mentioned haribo the other day.

boxfish
    Free Member

Grilled mackerel on toast

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Kebab 😆

and cider 😉

Works mid ride too!!

headfirst
    Free Member

Egg and bacon butty. Drool….

Haze

Om nom nom

😉

amplebrew

Beans on toast with grated cheese under the beans, washed down with a big mug of tea.

I’m also a bit partial to a bag of Bombay mix to tide me over for the trip home if needed.

grantway
    Free Member

Steak and Ale pie with veg, potts and thick gravy.
    If i cant get that then a big plate of BBQ Spare Ribs with Chips and onion rings.

chewkw
    Free Member

Pork crackling … yes … :mrgreen:

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

When I was living at “home” my mom always used to cook a roast on a Thursday whick coincided with my night ride night so it was ride, shower and a big fat roast. Now it’s more likley to be plenty of milk and something light followed by a good brecky in the morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Post Ride Meal – Whats yours?’ is closed to new replies.