Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Popped my Kirroughtree Cherry today.
  • stevewhyte
    Free Member

Kit – Member

Ignore them – !

Good point well made.

As far as Kirroughtree is concerned really just not quite understanding why most folk rate it so highly.

As i said eariler next year i will go back and try the full red/black course with hopefully a bit more fitness and skill.

coogan
    Free Member

I loved the Kirroughtree black and hated Ae. Different strokes for different folks.

Mugboo

OP

If your going to hang out round here you have to developed thicker skin! In between all the bitching and backbiting you will find all the answers you will ever need. 🙂

As for Kirra, I really loved my first few rides but last time it felt like a slog so maybe I aren’t fit enough (or getting old!)

Ae I have loved everytime I have been. And that’s inspite of diversions and knackered surfaces. I love the broken down nature of the whole place. Agree with Northwind that the sign for the Omega Man should come alot later!

Last time we rode up and finished with the Shredder (bottled the road gap!), and loved that too.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Mugboo

I was round Ae last week and they were dong a fair bit of work to Burn Bash Brash.

Sections of the edge are in need of some attention too.

Your right about the thick skin, sometimes it just gets very boring reading so much utter pi5h to find posts worth reading.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Steve – you’re funny. Fair play to you.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I was round Ae last week and they were dong a fair bit of work to Burn Bash Brash.

There is always work going on at Ae, as it was a rush job.

Sections of the edge are in need of some attention too.

Edge must be the most reworked piece of singletrack in the 7 stanes, it’s unrecogniseable since it’s inception.

bruneep

Hey maybe yo are just a mega superstar mountain bike rider and can traverse anything the 7 stanes can provide. Newsflash im not not sure if you are just being arrogant or are just a blow hard.

Nah he’s shite, I refer you to Tuesday am meeester fly 😉

spanishfly – Member

I am flattered by the poster assuming I am only in my 30s.

30’s Pffffffttttt 😆

Euro
    Free Member

First time at KT was my first taste of trail centre riding and I loved it. Went back several times but the shine gradually wore off. Last time I went I just did the last bit of the red/black a dozen or so times.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Only been to Kirroughtree the once, but I did enjoy it. As has been said previously, definitely a trail that rewards speed. I’ve also only ridden Ae once and that was on an sx trail with DH tyres and too short a seat post, probably not a fair test. Would love to go back on a hardtail or nice sprightly full suss. Fitness is a major factor when it comes to getting the best out of a trail, too tired to push it you wont have much fun.

allthepies
    Free Member

Been to KTree once and the last descent on the black is amazing, all our group had massive grins at the end of it, just superb.

rock_hopper81
    Free Member

Kirroughtree is the best of the 7 stanes in my opinion. You do have to be fairly fit and work hard to get the best out of it though. There isn’t much free speed to be had. Guess that’s why I love it some much, it just inspires you to push really hard and you get the reward for that……truly stunning XC singletrack

rmacattack
    Free Member

same dilema this weekend. Ae is 60 miles farther and an extra hours journey time for me and ill be passing right by kirouchtree but i just think ill enjoy it more going by what ive read. next time i get over i may try and do two trails in the one day, kt and mabbie

bullandbladder
    Free Member

I rode the black at KT in December under six inches of snow (apart from McMoab). Proper epic, with a nice sense of really being in the wilderness in places.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Popped my Kirroughtree Cherry today.’ is closed to new replies.