Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Pop up ads on here
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

This is annoying me a bit now. Keep getting this on my iPhone but only on here, moves me from the forum to the page below. Can iPhones get any kind of virus that does this, or is it a STW thing. Only happens on here.

http://mobirewards.org/uk/index3q1m.php?l=450&c=47&subid=2490113197

organdonor
    Free Member

Not a virus, it’s happening to me on android too. It is a scam though, clearing cookies seems to help, if only temporarily. My google-fu is too weak to find a fix 🙁

MrsToast
    Free Member
    paulosoxo
    Free Member

This is happening on every button press of some threads. Can anybody stop this?

Jamie
    Free Member

Email patrick@singletrackworld.com, as he is the web monkey here.

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Yes, you can’t expect me to sit and read every thread.
    Just email tech@singletrackworld.com and the relevant people get it.

I’ll look into ads this morning.

Would have sorted it two days ago if people had emailed

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Have you ever considered answering the phones for virgin media technical help? You’d go far. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes, you can’t expect me to sit and read every thread.

Ooh! Get her 😛

Drac

Paul the tech bods don’t read the forums and it was missed by the mods too, there is a contact us page at the bottom for such things. Of course posting as well as contacting might help as other users may have a solution.

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

If anyone sees the ad can they right click (or for touchscreen, press and hold), copy the link url and past it into an email to tech@singletrackworld.com

That way I may be able to work our which network is serving the ad.

Thanks

MikeG

Don’t know if it helps but i get these pop ups, but only when I’m in Sussex visting my mum (probably first saw them in October but it was still happening last week) and only on my phone (whether 3g or wifi), at home in Leicestershire I haven’t seen any, ever.

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Thanks MikeG, but I think we can rule your mother out as the cause of the problem 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Screen grab sent.

Xx

freddyg
    Free Member

Just started getting a pop asking me if I want “it” to remember my password. Every time I click on a link. A ‘back’ allows me to continue. Irritating.

Using dolphin browser on HTC Desire – Android 2.2.2

EDIT: oh. It seems to have stopped now. Thanks Patrick (if it was you 🙂 )

MikeG

Thanks MikeG, but I think we can rule your mother out as the cause of the problem

you’ve not met her 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Pop up ads on here’ is closed to new replies.