Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Poole/Bournemouth Locals – Route advise wanted
  • FieldMarshall

Dropping my camper off in Poole tomorrow for some work and then intending to cycle/mtb back home (i.e northern edge of New Forest northeast of Fordingbridge)

Was thinking of going via Moors valley/Ringwood Forest.

How best to get there from Branksome? Was thinking of taking the seafront to Hentgistbury and then pick up the bridleway north of Chritshchurch that goes up to Blackwater, Hurn Forest, maybe Avon Heath.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

If on mtb or cx bike, pick up the castleman trailway at Broadstone Leisure Centre and follow this to Wimborne, then head to Canford Bottom and pick it up again at The Old Thatch pub and this will take you off road pretty much to 3 Legged Cross, then turn right to Moors Valley (not forgetting to do a couple of laps of the singletrack there) 🙂

FieldMarshall

Thanks, I’ll take a look at that.

Will be on a MTB with semi-slicks.

And yes will defo be doing a couple of laps of Moors Valley.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Moors valley is not that great VERY flat and far from technical my 8 year old loves it though….

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

True, i only ever include Moors Valley as part of a 40 mile cx route i do from Broadstone and back. It’s good fun on a cx bike, especially hooning up behind blokes on full bouncers wobbling around 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Poole/Bournemouth Locals – Route advise wanted’ is closed to new replies.