Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Please take two seconds to help my friend get to Oz.
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Right I don’t usually post stuff up on here like this but even Steve Peat retweeted it on Twitter so the least I can do is post it up on here.

My friend Chantelle is trying to win a competition to go back packing to Oz. She hasn’t been able to afford to fly out there to see her family in a long time so this would be a great way for her to get out there and see her folks.

Click the link to the 1min video, click like and you’ve done your bit!

Video Link

Most likes wins.

Thanks in advance

J

geordiemick00
    Free Member

clicked the link and not clicked likey……

There’s lots of things I can’t afford, I get a job, work hard and try and pay for them and don’t blag it. 🙄

alpin
    Free Member

There’s lots of things I can’t afford, I get a job, work hard and try and pay for them and don’t blag it

+1….carppy video, but i still clicked like.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

She a student in London and has at least one job. A trip to Oz to see her family is not exactly something she can afford to do with the living costs in London.

Its a competition, not exactly blagging it is it?

If you knew you were not going to bother helping why click the link and why bother posting?

Drac

It’s a competition, I take it you two have never entered a competition then.

soobalias
    Free Member

no youtube at work and i wasted more than 2 secs reading the OP.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Cheers Alpin, every ‘like’ helps 🙂

peterfile
    Free Member

Fair play for trying to blag a free holiday instead of working for it, but I spent all my free time as a student slaving my backside off in crappy jobs to pay for all the stuff she was whinging about at the start.

She’s completely entitled to win it, and I “Liked” it because I would be a total **** if I clicked “dislike”, but enough of the sob story.

The amount of girls at my university who went on “charity missions” to horrible places like Thailand etc to help the locals and enhance their CV….yeah right. Our hard earned donations paid for their 3 month holiday.

sc-xc

Done.

Rubber_Buccaneer

She hasn’t been able to afford to fly out there to see her family in a long time

Can’t look at the video at work but my immediate thought is wouldn’t it be great if someone who NEVER had the chance to go to Australia won the trip.

For that reason no likey.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Liked 😆

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Thanks to anyone who has ‘liked’ it.

I understand some peoples reservations about about working for things you want – and I know she has worked hard before to fund her wanderlust, however currently its just not feasible for her to save that kind of money while studying in london.

Top 6 videos all win a trip apparently so it not just her and no-one else 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Watched it and judged on its merits me no likey. Sorry.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

mmm free trip to Aus without the wife or kids…

*runs off to spend 5 mins making a video*

kudos100
    Free Member

Done.

njee20
    Free Member

however currently its just not feasible for her to save that kind of money while studying in london.

Wait until she’s finished studying in London then 😕

I wish her the best of luck, can’t do YouTube at work, but I don’t think you’ll convince people with the “she can’t afford it” angle.

maccruiskeen

Blimey theres some miserable (fine, upstanding self-made) misanthropes on this forum. I do hope the conservative party can count on your vote.

I’m not going to watch the video, I’m just going to click Like because someone has entered a competition and would like to win a prize.

jon1973
    Free Member

There’s lots of things I can’t afford, I get a job, work hard and try and pay for them and don’t blag it.

Don’t understand the attitude. She’s entering a competition promoted by a Tourist Board in Australia FFS. She’s not going on a holiday under the pretence of doing something for charity. She probably does works hard.

No worse then someone buying a lottery ticket. Fair play to her.

redthunder
    Free Member

Garbage video.

Perhaps getting a job may be an option for her.. however.

Still clicked like though,, dunno why.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m not going to watch the video, I’m just going to click Like because someone has entered a competition and would like to win a prize.

Probably the best policy, if you had watched it you’d have changed your mind.

warton
    Free Member

I’m just going to click Like because someone has entered a competition and would like to win a prize.

surely then you should ‘like’ all of them, or better still click the one most deserving….

good luck to her by the way, but I have no inclination to either watch it or click like, sorry!

maccruiskeen

surely then you should ‘like’ all of them

That would have the same effect as liking non of them.

Non of the others have a friend who has posted on the forum asking for support

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I know the video isn’t much cop – it obviously has to be shot as a plea from a desperate backpacker.

I really appreciate the help, I know its been a long time since she got to go and see her Dad and Sis out in Oz

nickf
    Free Member

Since you asked so nicely, I ‘liked’ it, even though the truth is that I didn’t like it. The video was truly terrible, something my 14 year old daughter could have knocked up in 30 minutes and have done a better job.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

one_happy_hippy – Member
    I know the video isn’t much cop – it obviously has to be shot as a plea from a desperate backpacker.

So it’s a con trick?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Sorry – what I meant was it wasn’t going to be backflip tailwhips and exciting stuff like that 😛

She loves travelling and hasn’t been able to as she’s studying in London (expensive obviously) and this way she gets to see family in oz.

Spin
    Free Member

Steve Peat retweeted it on Twitter

Thus adding an air of moral authority to the whole sordid business?

chewkw
    Free Member

Good luck to her … just don’t go swimming in the sea coz jaws are running wild there.

bigrich

The Oz dollar is well strong, can’t she get her mum to pay?

peterfile
    Free Member

She loves travelling and hasn’t been able to as she’s studying in London (expensive obviously) and this way she gets to see family in oz.

She’s got it hard.

Is there anyone on there with a video who perhaps hasn’t even been able to go travelling anywhere due to their circumstances? I’d like to vote for them too 🙂

unovolo
    Free Member

Video is carp,but clicked ‘likey’ all the same, she might have more luck if she shows a bit more flesh 😯

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Please take two seconds to help my friend get to Oz.’ is closed to new replies.